Lonely

I woke up the next morning in my room. I spent all of yesterday with Nicole in the hospital. I think the paparazzi are going to find out soon, but I don't really care. So what if they know my girlfriend is in a coma? Maybe people will actually care about her.

Last night, the boys had convinced me to go home to sleep. I really didn't want to, but they wanted me to, so I did. I'm trying really hard to not fall into depression, but I'm worried that it will end up that way. I just need to be more hope.

I pulled myself out of bed, starting a new day. I took a shower and got dressed. I headed downstairs to see Aislinn and Liam sitting at the counter. I walked over to the other side of the counter, and leaned against it.

"Hey, we have an interview today, and you have to come," Liam said. I groaned, "Do I have to?" I complained. He nodded, "Yeah, management says we need to spend more time doing interviews, signings, and concerts."

"Oh, I also wanted to ask you, did you and Zayn find anything out about the whole bullying thing?"

"Not really," Liam sadly replied, "We can't figure out the bullies without Nicole's help. The teachers will try and figure out, but it isn't working right now."

I sighed, "So, when's this interview? I want to visit Nicole before it."

"Um, I think it's at three this afternoon," Liam answered, "Also, Aislinn is coming."

"Why?" I asked.

"We're going to make our relationship official," Liam replied, "We've sort of put it off until now, because we both know how the fans can react, but we're ready. Besides, the paparazzi have gotten a few pictures, and people are beginning to get suspicious."

"Well, it's probably a good idea to do that," I replied, "You two have been dating for a while anyways. I probably should go back to the hospital to visit Nicole."

"Wait," Liam commanded, stopping me, "You have to eat first."

"I was going to," I replied.

"I'm just worried you're going to start starving yourself again," Liam replied, "You've done it before, and I don't want it to happen again."

"I won't," I replied, "I don't want to go back to that."

Liam nodded, "Good, now eat then you can leave."

I sighed, then grabbed a box of cereal. I poured the cereal into a bowl and poured milk over top. I quickly ate, then said good bye to Liam and Aislinn. After that, I drove down to the hospital.

I arrived in a couple minutes, to see that paparazzi had found me. They crowded the entrance, making it impossible for me to go in without being noticed. They saw me, once I stepped out of my car. They began yelling my name, screaming questions at me. I didn't want to answer questions. This is my time to visit Nicole, and they won't interrupt it.

I pushed past them, and walked into the hospital. I was greeted by peace and quiet, minus the muffled noises outside of the door. I walked in, only to find that visiting hours were currently closed. I would have to wait a little to visit Nicole.

I walked over to the waiting room and sat at one of the plastic chairs. The only way I could think of to entertain myself was go on my phone. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went on twitter. I scrolled through my mentions, replying to a couple tweets. I ignored the ones that asked about the whole hospital ordeal. I guess news spreads quickly.

I was interrupted by someone tapping my shoulder. I looked up to see a little girl standing in front of me, it was Ella. She grinned widely when she saw me look up, "You're here!" She happily exclaimed.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked her.

"Lauren is going through surgery today, so my family came to the hospital to see how everything goes," Ella told me, "Isn't your girlfriend better?"

I sighed, and shook my head, "Not really..." I mumbled in reply. She frowned, and cocked her head to the side, as a way to show she was confused, "Why isn't she feeling better?"

"Well... She hasn't woken up yet," I told Ella. I decided to not tell her the whole coma situation. It is rather hard to explain to a six year old.

"Why don't you try talking louder?" Ella suggested, "That's how I wake up my Mommy."

I chuckled, "I don't think that will work..."

"Why not?"

"Because, well, she can't hear anyone right now," I replied, "She is in a really deep sleep, where no one can wake her. I'm just worried that she won't ever wake up...."

"Don't worry, she will," Ella optimistically answered, "You have to be... um, hopeful! That's the word! Yesterday, I was sad about Lauren, and Mommy told me to be hopeful. She said that's how you get through bad times. So, I'm here to help you."

"Well, if you're here to help me, then I'm here to help you," I replied. She grinned, "Great, now we're friends that will help each other! Now, I have to fix the first problem."

I frowned, "What's that?" I asked. Ella didn't answer. She simply climbed up on the chair next to me. She stood up, so she was now at my height, when I was sitting. She reached over, and her small fingers grabbed at the corners of my mouth, lifting the skin next to my lips up, "You need to smile!" She exclaimed.

I laughed and helped her back to the floor. She looked up at me with her usual wide grin, "The best way to be happy is to make the others around you happy. And, right now, you aren't making me very happy!"

I sighed, then smiled down at her, even if I still was sad about Nicole. Ella clapped her hands together, "Great! Now, we need to become best friends. Because, we have to get through our problems together!"

Ella plopped down in the chair beside me. She lifted her legs up, so she was sitting cross-legged. She looked up at me, straight in the eyes, "Now, to be best friends, I have to ask you some very serious questions."

"Shoot away," I replied. She placed her hands in her lap, in a professional way, it was actually really adorable, "Now, first question... What's your favorite food?"

I laughed, expecting some serious question, "Um, everything."

"Good answer!" She exclaimed, loudly, "Next question! What do you like to do?"

"Well, I'm in a band, so I like to sing and play guitar," I answered. I saw Ella's face light up, "I have an idea! You can sing for me!"

I frowned, "In a hospital?"

She nodded, "Why not?"

I shrugged, "I guess, there's not many people here, anyways. What do you want me to sing?"

"One of your songs," She answered. I thought about it for a moment, and then picked out a song to sing. I began to sing:

I've tried playing it cool
But when I'm looking at you
I can't ever be brave
'Cause you make my heart race

Shot me out of the sky
You're my kryptonite

You keep making me weak

Yeah, frozen and can't breathe

Something's gotta give now

'Cause I'm dying just to make you see

That I need you here with me now

'Cause you've got that one thing

So get out, get out, get out of my head

And fall into my arms instead

I don't, I don't, don't know what it is

But I need that one thing

And you've got that one thing

Now I'm climbing the walls

But you don't notice at all

That I'm going out of my mind

All day and all night

Something's gotta give now

'Cause I'm dying just to know your name

And I need you here with me now

'Cause you've got that one thing

When I finished, I heard Ella loudly cheering, "That was amazing! I loved it!"

"Glad you like it," I replied. Suddenly, I heard someone calling Ella's name. I looked forward to see a lady calling her, that must be her Mom.

"Bye Niall!" Ella called, as she walked away, "I hope to see you again!"

"Bye Ella," I replied, waving as she walked away. I watched her disappear around the corner. Who would've known that a six year old girl could make you smile when you should depressed?

I then realized that I could go visit Nicole. I quickly got up and walked over to her room. There was no one in here this time. Only a machine hooked up to her body, telling me that she was still alive. That's all that tells me. Everything else on her looks inanimate and dead.

I pulled up a chair and sat beside her bedside. I sighed, and began speaking, "I'm sorry," I whispered to her, "I'm sorry I didn't notice what was happening to you all along. I want you to wake up. I want to be able to tell you that I love you and you'll be able to reply back. I just love you with all my heart, and I don't want to lose you. Please... Just wake up..."
*

"You've heard it here everyone! Liam Payne is no longer single!" The interviewer exclaimed, in her overly happy voice. Cheers came from the audience. I guess we have a good audience tonight, I don't think I heard any booing. I glanced over to see Aislinn grinning widely. I know that she was really worried about fans hating her, so this is good. Liam was sitting by her, with his arm wrapped around her shoulder. It made me jealous.

I really want Nicole to wake up. I can't stand to live without her. After the crowd died down, the interviewer turned towards me, "So, Niall, we've been hearing a lot of rumors about you and your girlfriend lately. Is it true that she's in the hospital?"

I nodded, I swallowed nervously, I really don't want to talk about this, "Yeah, she is," I quietly replied.

"Why is that?" she pushed on. I felt my hands nervously messing with the fabric on the end of my shirt, "U-Um, well.... She tried to... kill herself."

The crowd grew silent because of my last comment. No one knew that she was that bad off. No one knew all that she was suffering through.

"Do you know why she did that?" The interviewer asked. I weakly nodded, swallowing back my bad memories, "I-It's because of her college.... There were a couple people who would bully her and beat her. All of that just... Pushed her to the limit. A-And, she didn't tell anyone..."

The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop. I could tell the interviewer didn't know how to react to this. I saw her glance at the clock, then realized it was time to end the show, "Well, that's all we have for today. Let's have another hand for One Direction!"

The crowd burst out in cheers, and the interviewer said good bye to the audience.

There it's now out. Everyone knows.

------------

Last update for tonight! I'm so screwed for my tests' tomorrow! I stayed up late for you guys<3 Well, comment, follow, and fave! Bye lovelies!! -Madison