I'm Not Sad

*Niall's P.O.V.*

We all quickly walked over to the room where Nicole had her surgery. This was a ship, so it wasn't going to be anything special. They had a doctor, but all he could do was give her stitches. I pushed open the door to walk in. I saw people in medical uniforms in the room. Some were examining Nicole, while others were cleaning up the mess from the stitches. I slowly walked in, I turned around to see the others still in the doorway, "Aren't you coming in?" I asked them.

"We think it's best if you are the first to see her wake up," Liam replied. I nodded, glad they understood how I felt. I saw them walk away from the doorway, and back to the hallway to leave me in peace. The other doctors/nurses also left, leaving me completely alone with Nicole. I pulled up a chair to sit by her. I looked at he flawless face that had been cleaned of blood, and a bandage was now over her forehead, covering the large gash. She had a hospital gown on, and her body was covered by the blankets on the white bed. Her eyes were shut, and I could see her chest falling up and down from her regular breathing. I couldn't bare to look at her. I could feel the overwhelming guilt taking over my body. I stared at the ground.

"N-Nicole, I'm so sorry," I whispered, not wanting anyone to hear me, "I understand if you never want to speak to me again when you wake up. You didn't want me to go, but I persisted, and went anyways. Please... forgive me. I don't ever want to lose you. I love you. I-I love you so much."

I felt my body letting out choked sobs now. I could no longer hold in the incredible guilt that was overflowing inside me.

"P-Please f-forgive m-me," I cried. Suddenly, I felt a thumb softly touch my cheek, tracing it across my fallen tears, wiping them away. I looked up, to see Nicole's beautiful blue eyes staring into mine, "Why are you crying?" She asked me, her voice soft, and calming.

"B-But, you were s-stabbed," I whispered, my eyes still dripping tears.

"But, I'm still alive," Nicole replied. I looked at her confused. Why is she so calm? Most people that were just stabbed usually aren't this optimistic, "Do you remember what happened?" I asked her. Nicole nodded, I could see a distant look in her eyes, but she didn't let a single tear shed from her eyes. I knew this was risky, but I had to ask her this, "D-Did he rape you?" I asked, my voice soft.

Nicole looked a little nervous, but nodded, while nervously biting her lip, "Y-Yeah..."

"Can you tell me?" I asked, finally calming my voice. I could see her lip quivering, "U-Um, well, he came into the bathroom when I was taking a shower. I tried to hide, but there was nowhere I could go. He came into the shower and...... raped me," Her voice had fallen to a whisper at the end.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," I quietly told her.

"I-I have to," She quietly said, keeping her voice from wavering, "He told me that he had been watching me on these video cameras he had set up in my room. He was able to know the best times when to come in. He also found secret exits and entrances in my room."

"Why?" I asked. The question seemed to hit Nicole like an arrow, but she persisted, "H-He wanted payback," She told me, "His sister committed suicide because she thought that you had died. He blamed it on me because he thought I could've taken your place."

Wait, is she talking about when I was kidnapped by her Uncle? I assume so. A lot of fans made the assumption that I was dead, which was obviously incorrect. Hold on... She doesn't actually believe him, does she?

"You know that's not true, right?" I asked her. She nodded, "Yeah, I know."

I sighed, glad she understood that he was wrong.

"I-I'm sorry I left you," I whispered, causing her gaze to fall on my eyes, "I-I thought everything would be alright, but I was wrong. I should've known that it was dangerous to leave you. I-I'm just so sorry."

Her hand intertwined with my hand, "Don't feel bad. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know, Niall."

"I'm just so happy you're okay," I whispered, and she smiled at me.
*

"You ready to leave today?" I asked Nicole, when I walked into her room. She smiled when she saw me, and then nodded. The other boys walked in to see her.

"You feeling better?" Liam asked her. She frowned, "Why would I be feeling bad?"

So, she's still continuing this today? Ever since the boys or anyone else visited her, she completely avoided what happened to her. She would act like she was never raped or stabbed. She just looks at them confused, and smiles while she tells them she doesn't know what they mean. I don't know why Nicole is doing that, but I think it's best to not pry into that matter.

Nicole has been awfully optimistic, I'm not used to it. Whenever she sees me, she smiles and greets me. When I talk to her, she talks about what happened. She let's me talk about the problem with her, but no one else. I just can't seem to understand what's going on in her head.

"Well, I better go change if we're leaving," Nicole said. She turned to me, "Niall, can you help me up?"

I nodded, and helped her out of her bed, making sure to not touch any of her wounds. She was able to walk on her own, so she walked into the bathroom, and closed the door behind her.

"I'm so confused, why is she acting like this?" Louis asked me. I shrugged, "I have no idea. At least she isn't crying."

"I guess... But, she is barely talking to us," Louis replied.

"We could try to talk to her about this when we get home," I suggested.

"Sounds good," Harry replied. Nicole walked out of the bathroom fully dressed. She walked over to me, and intertwined her fingers with mine, "Ready to go?" She asked, looking up at me.

"The ship should be docking any minute, want to go on the deck and watch?" I asked her. She nodded, and walked beside me. We walked upstairs, Nicole's pace was slower, so I had to make sure to slow down. We reached the deck. It was full of tons of people. I could feel her hand tighten around my hand. I looked down at her, to see if she was okay. She looked up at me, smiling, acting like there wasn't a problem in the world. We stood next to the railing, watching the shore getting closer. I could feel people's stares on us, but no one wanted to say anything. The news of what happened to Nicole had spread around the whole ship, and everyone was scared. I glanced back at the people staring at us, but Nicole didn't even turn her head. She is really confusing me....

The ship finally reached the dock. We had to wait for the steps to be lowered. When everything was ready, we walked off the boat, hand in hand, making sure we didn't lose each other. We saw Paul in the crowd, coming towards us.

"The car is over there," Paul told us, pointing at the the car we were supposed to enter. I led Nicole over there, as Paul flagged down the others. I sat in the back seat with her. I saw Liam, Marie, Harry, Louis, and Zayn also get in. Paul packed the suitcases in the back, and we left.
*

"Bye!" Paul called to us, as he pulled out of the driveway. We waved good bye, and picked up our suitcases. I picked up Nicole's for her. She said she could carry it on her own, but she obviously couldn't. We all walked in.

"YOU ARE HOME!" I heard Aislinn scream at the top of her lungs. She ran over to Nicole, and throw her arms around her, pulling Nicole into a tight hug. Shit, Nicole's stomach! I saw Nicole's eyes grow wide, and she gasped out in pain. Aislinn quickly pulled her arms off of Nicole, and she fell to the ground. Nicole was clutching her stomach. I quickly crouched beside her, "Are you okay?" I asked her, nervously. She nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

I pulled Nicole up to her feet again. She quietly thanked me. I saw a horrified expression on Aislinn's face, "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! What happened?!"

I could see Aislinn staring at the stitches on Nicole's forehead from the knife wound.

"Nothing is wrong, I'm perfectly fine," Nicole answered. Aislinn stared at her confused, "But-"

I pulled Aislinn aside, so she wouldn't say anymore. She stared at me confused, "What's going on?" She asked me.

"I'll explain it when we're alone," I said to Aislinn, "For now just don't pester her about it."

Aislinn nodded, understanding what I was saying. We walked back to the others, acting like nothing happened. Nicole had a wide smile on her face when I walked back over to her. She's acting like there is not a problem in the world. What the hell is going on in her mind?! I'm so confused!

"So, how was the trip?" Aislinn asked everyone, trying to pass through the awkward moment. Surprisingly, Nicole spoke up, "It was a lot of fun. It was nice to get away for a while and enjoy the warm air. I hope to go on another cruise like that."

Now, everyone was staring at her. Why the hell would she say that?! She was freaking raped and stabbed! No one would want to go on another cruise like that?

"What?" Nicole asked innocently. I simply shook off the confused feelings to not concern her, "It's nothing, love," I replied, softly.

"I'm going to go up to my room," Nicole told me. I nodded, and she slowly walked up the stairs, making sure to not hurt herself. I watched her walk away into her room. Aislinn turned to us, "Okay, tell me what is going on with her."

We told Aislinn everything. From the clues that we didn't acknowledge to the rape to the stabbing. Aislinn's eyes were wide the whole story. It's hard to believe something like this could happen to her. Why does everything bad happen to the girl I truly love?

"I-Is it true?" Aislinn stuttered out, once we finished the story. I nodded, "It's all true. We don't know why she is acting so optimistic and happy.... It makes no sense."

"... Maybe she doesn't want to worry you," Aislinn replied. I frowned, "What do you mean?"

"She saw you cry when she woke up, right?" Aislinn asked, "Well, maybe she doesn't want you to cry. Nicole might be trying to put on a brave face for you. She doesn't like to see you cry. Especially when you're crying over her. The best thing to do is to let it be. If she wants to act that way, let her act that way. Pushing her to tell why will only make it worse. Just let her act out her feelings the way she thinks will help her."

I nodded, "Okay, I will do that."

"I'm not sure if her new attitude is good or bad, but we will just have to let her try it out herself," Aislinn told us herself.

Nicole is trying to be strong for me. Just like how I try to be strong for her. Should we even be acting this way? We love each other, wouldn't it be easier to just tell each other how we really feel? Why are we so scared to show our true feelings?

-------------------------

So.... Watcha think? Sort of a filler, but you are starting to see Nicole is acting strange.... WHY IS THAT? Read to find out.... But you'll have to wait until tomorrow after school. OH WELL. You all have learned to wait. Well, COMMENT, follow, and fave! Bye loves! -Madison