Zayn The Stressed Out Daddy

*Zayn's P.O.V.*

"Y-You mean R-Rachel's dead...?"

I was standing in the hospital, and the doctor had just told Rachel's Mom the news. She was standing there, with her son, Zach, who was about 11. They looked horrified. I was already sobbing, as I stood behind the doctor, watching him tell them everything.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Everense... But, she has passed away," The doctor sadly told her. The first one to break down out of the two was Rachel's brother. He started to sob.

"H-How'd she die?" she asked, I could see tears welling up in her eyes, but she was trying with all her might to not break down.

"She died giving birth to her son," The doctor explained. She turned to me, "You," She growled at me, "You are the one who caused this! If you didn't get her pregnant, then she wouldn't be dead! You killed her!"

I cringed at the words 'you killed her'. I felt more tears pouring from my eyes. This is too much. Why did this have to happen? Why did she have to die!

"Calm down, Ms. Everense," The doctor said. Then, Rachel's Mom broke down sobbing with her son. I turned away, I couldn't watch this anymore. It was too painful.

I walked back over to the waiting room, where the boys were silently sitting. I collapsed on one of the chairs. I hid my face in my hands as I began sobbing. Everything was falling apart. How can I be a Father for Mason? I can barely take care of myself!

"Zayn?" Liam awkwardly said, interrupting the sobbing. I looked up, and wiped away my tears, "Yeah?" I asked.

"The doctor says you can take home Mason today," Liam told me. I nodded, "Um, right now?"

"Yeah," Liam replied.

"Do you have a car seat in the car, new clothes for him, the birth certificates-" I said, listing off everything.

"Yes, calm down, Zayn," Liam replied, "Everything is ready."

"S-So, it's time to take Mason home?" I asked. He nodded, so I stood up. I led my way over to the room where the babies were being kept. There was a nurse, and I explained that I was now allowed to take home my son. She nodded, then went to the room to get Mason. She walked back over to me, with Mason in her arms. The nurse began explaining everything I should do when I take Mason home.

"Okay, I got it," I replied. The nurse carefully handed me Mason. I held Mason in my arms for the first time. I looked down at him. His eyes were open, so I could see what eye color they were. They were bright blue. They looked just like Rachel's. That instantly reminded me of her.

I quickly pushed away the tears, and concentrated on Mason again. He had dark brown hair, and actually quite a bit of it, for a newborn baby. Mason was really small, weighing not much. The most interesting thing about Mason was his smile. He was actually smiling.

"Time to go home, Mason," I whispered to him. I turned back to the nurse, "Thank you for the advice."

"No problem," She replied, before walking away. I was alone with Mason.

"I promise to always love you," I whispered to my son. I will always keep that promise. I held Mason in my arms, and carried him back over to the others.

I saw the boys look over when I walked in, with Mason in my arms. They quickly got up, and crowded around me.

"AW HE'S SO CUTE!" Louis screeched. I glared at Louis, "He'll go deaf if he's around you too often..."

"I am so being called Uncle Harry," Harry joked.

"Yes, we're uncles!" Niall exclaimed. Being with Mason almost made me forget about all the problems that had happened. He made me happy.

"Ready to go home?" I asked the others. They nodded, but Liam stopped us, "Um, Zayn, what about paparazzi?"

I forgot about them, "Shit, they're out there?"

Niall nodded, "Yeah, lot's of them..."

"I can't walk out there, it's too dangerous when I'm holding Mason," I replied, "What can we do?"

"I can call Aislinn and tell her to pick us up around back," Liam suggested. I nodded, "Okay, that sounds good."

Liam pulled out his phone and walked away from us, so he could talk to Aislinn. I sat back on the plastic chair, with Mason still in my arms. Niall and Louis sat on the other side of me, while Harry stood in front.

Niall and Louis were looking down at the baby, and Louis was touching the baby's small hand. Niall was touching Mason's hair.

"Wow, he has a lot of hair, like you, Zayn," Niall joked. I chuckled, "He's gonna have good hair when he gets older."

Liam walked back over to us, "Aislinn will be here in five minutes."

Liam sat in the chair beside Niall, and looked at the baby from over there.

"Where will Mason stay?" Liam asked me. I fell silent. Rachel and I had planned on moving into her apartment, until we had time to get a nicer one. Now, I don't have anywhere.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, "I guess the only place is our house. Rachel and I were going to live in her apartment, until we had time to buy a new one. All the stuff for the baby is there. What room can he stay in?"

"Yours," The all replied, simultaneously. I groaned, "Fine."

Liam pulled out his phone, "Aislinn is here."

"Okay, let's go," I replied. I stood up, carefully. I followed Liam out the back. He led us over to a back door, and pushed it open. Liam held it open for me, so I could carry Mason out of the door. I walked out, and saw Aislinn's car in the abandoned back parking lot.

"OMIGOD HE'S SO CUTE!" Aislinn loudly exclaimed, as I walked in. I smiled, "I know," I joked. I got in the back seat, to see that Aislinn had thankfully brought the car seat. I hooked up Mason in it, and then the boys also got in. Aislinn pulled the car out of the parking lot. I could see the press crowded at the entrance to the hospital as we drove by. Thankfully, they didn't see us.

As we were driving down the road, Mason started crying

"What's going on?" Liam asked.

"The baby is crying, what the hell does it look like?" I replied, as I tried to comfort Mason.

"Maybe he needs food?" Harry suggested. I frowned, "We're in a car.

"Where the hell are we gonna find food?"

Harry shrugged, "I don't know. And, you shouldn't swear in front of the baby."

"Sorry," I mumbled, as I tried to calm down Mason.

"Don't worry, we're home," Aislinn replied. I saw her pull the car up to the garage. The boys got out, leaving me alone to get out Mason. I unhooked the carseat and pulled out the crying baby. I carried Mason out of the car and into the house.

"Do we have any food for the baby?" Niall asked, once I walked in. I shook my head, "No, and the baby only can have baby formula, he's too young for food. All of the baby formula is at Rachel's apartment, along with all of Mason's clothes, crib, toys, diapers, blankets-"

"Fine, we get it," Niall replied, "We'll go get the stuff."

"I have the key to her apartment," I replied, I handed Mason to Louis. I stopped, "Wait, can I trust you with holding Mason?"

Louis nodded, "Of course."

I handed Louis Mason and Louis held him in his arms, "Besides, I've never dropped a baby before."

"Someone knock on wood," Niall muttered. I pulled the key out of my pocket and handed it to Niall. He shoved it in his pocket, "Harry, you're helping me." Niall said to Harry. Harry groaned, "Fine."

Harry and Niall left. Louis handed Mason back to me, and he was still sobbing. It now sounded more like screaming. I groaned, "How can we get him to stop?"

"Um, we could sing?" Louis suggested. I frowned, "But, that's so cheesy!" I complained, trying to make my voice louder than Mason's screams. Louis shrugged, "So? It's worth a shot."

I sighed, "Fine. What song?"

"What about.... More than this?" Louis suggested. I groaned, "One of our songs? Can it get any more cheesy?"

"Then, why don't you suggest a song?" Louis snapped.

"Fine, we'll sing more than this," I replied. I turned to Liam, "But, you're helping, Liam."

"Fine," Liam replied, joining Louis and I. Liam counted off, and Liam began the song.

[Liam]

I'm broken, do you hear me?

I'm blinded, 'cause you are everything I see,

I'm dancin' alone, I'm praying,

That your heart will just turn around,

And as I walk up to your door,

My head turns to face the floor,

'Cause I can't look you in the eyes and say,

[Louis]

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,

It just won't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this, yeah,

When he lays you down,

I might just die inside,

It just don't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this,

Can love you more than this

[Zayn]

If I'm louder, would you see me?

Would you lay down

In my arms and rescue me?

'Cause we are the same

You save me,

When you leave it's gone again,

[Louis]

And then I see you on the street,

In his arms, I get weak,

My body fails, I'm on my knees,

Prayin',

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,

It just won't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this, yeah,

When he lays you down,

I might just die inside,

It just don't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this,

[Zayn]

Yeah, I've never had the words to say,

But now I'm askin' you to stay

For a little while inside my arms,

And as you close your eyes tonight,

I pray that you will see the light,

That's shining from the stars above,

(And I say)

[Liam]

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,

It just won't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this,

[Zayn]

'Cause I can love you more than this, yeah

When he lays you down,

I might just die inside,

It just don't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this, yeah,

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,

It just won't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this, yeah

When he lays you down,

I might just die inside (oh, yeah),

It just don't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this,

Can love you more than this

When the song finished, Mason was now asleep. I smiled, at the fact that he looked absolutely adorable. I walked over to the couch, still holding Mason. I sat down, and looked down at Mason.

"You hungry, Zayn?" Liam asked, "I'm gonna order some pizza for dinner."

"Sounds good," I replied, "I'll just take Mason up to my room." I stood up, slowly, so I didn't wake Mason. I then carried him up to my room, and sat on my bed, as he slept.

*

"WE'RE HERE!" I heard Niall yell from downstairs. The baby started screaming. Shit, Niall's loud voice woke him up. I guess I better go downstairs now. I stood up, holding a screaming Mason. I carried him down the stairs.

"I thought Mason was asleep," Liam said, as I walked downstairs, "He was," I replied, "Until loud-mouth Niall came in."

"Sorry," Niall mumbled.

"That's okay, but now you're in charge of setting up the crib in my room," I said. Niall groaned, "Fine."

Niall chose Louis to help him, so they walked upstairs. I turned to Harry, "Did you get the baby formula?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, it's in the bag," he replied, pointing to the bag that was resting on the counter.

"Liam, can you make the baby formula?" I asked, "I need to change the baby, I think."

"Sure," Liam replied, starting his task. Harry decided to help him. I guess I'm in charge of changing the baby... This ought to be fun....

I carried Mason over to the bathroom, carrying the diaper bag with us. I set Mason on the floor of the bathroom. Let's hope I know what to do.

I opened up Mason's pajamas and then opened up the diaper. A horrible smell filled the room. I gagged out loud. I quickly changed the baby, and threw away the dirty diaper. I put Mason's outfit back on, and picked him up.

"Zayn!" Liam called, "Formula is ready!"

I carried Mason back over to the kitchen, where Liam was holding a bottle. He handed it to me and I took the bottle and Mason over to the couch. I sat down on the couch, and fed Mason the bottle. He drank most of it, and now was asleep. I guess I better check how the crib is doing.

I walked up to my room to see and unfinished crib. Louis and Niall were loudly arguing, causing Mason to awaken, then start screaming.

"Great!" I yelled over Mason's crying, "You woke him up! Finish the damn crib!"

"You shouldn't cuss in-" Louis began, but I interrupted him, "I'm stressed out, shut up."

Louis and Niall finished putting together the crib, as I tried to comfort Mason. They finally finished, so I could set Mason in it. I tucked him into the covers.

"What time is it...?" I asked Niall, exhausted.

"Nine thirty," Niall answered.

"I'm going to sleep," I replied.

"Don't you want to eat?" Niall asked.

"Can you just bring me up some pizza when it comes?" I asked. Niall nodded, "Sure."

Louis and Niall left, leaving me with Mason. Mason was now asleep. Maybe I can finally get some rest. I laid on my bed, and fell asleep.

*

I woke up a couple hours later to screaming. I groaned, realizing that Mason had woken up. I picked him up, and carried him downstairs. Time to feed him. I fed him a new bottle, and then put him back in bed, and he fell asleep.

I looked over at my side table, to see a slice of pizza. I guess they ended up leaving me a slice. It was 11 at night. I ate the cold pizza, then went back to sleep.

I woke up an hour later to hear Mason screaming. I heard groans from the other rooms, as they heard Mason's screaming. I then had to try and get him to sleep. I changed Mason's diaper, and then put him back to sleep.

For the rest of the night, it went like this. Mason woke up screaming, I would pick him up, find out the problem, solve it, then put him back to bed. That was every single hour!

At 6 in the morning, I crawled into bed, and finally fell into a deep sleep.

-------------

AWW ONE DIRECTION IS TAKIN CARE OF A BABY! Well, mostly Zayn. Sort of a comedic chapter. What did you think? Comment, follow, and fave! Bye lovelies!

-Madison