Broken Up

I felt my eyes fluttering open as I started to wake up. I looked up to see Niall in front of me. He had a smile on his face, and his blue eyes were staring into mine, "You're finally awake, beautiful."

He leaned in, and kissed me. I stared at him like he was crazy once he pulled away. He frowned, "What?"

I tried to say something, but my voice was completely gone. Darn it... I grabbed a pen and pad of paper from the side table. I quickly scribbled down:

What are you doing?!

Niall frowned, "What, all I did is kiss you..."

I groaned, and wrote this on the paper:

Well, first off I'm sick, why would you kiss me when I'm sick? And, second, we broke up.

"What?" Niall asked, confused, "Why did we break up?"

Of course he doesn't remember. This is just great. I'm not going to write down the whole story. I'll just get Louis to do it. I glanced over at Louis's bed. He looked like he was sleeping. I can't yell at him, so there's only one way to wake him. I wrote down Louis on the paper, and picked up the pad of paper. I threw it across the room, so it hit Louis's back. Louis immediately jumped up, "What the hell?!"

He looked over at me, and I was now pointing at Niall. Louis understood, and he walked over. Louis put his hand on Niall's shoulder. Niall looked at Louis suspiciously.

"Niall... We need to talk about the way you treat women," Louis said. Niall looked at Louis like he was crazy, which he probably is.

".... Huh?" Niall asked, confused.

"So, you don't remember?" Louis asked. Niall shook his head, so Louis continued, "Well, you were horrible person to Nicole at the club."

"I didn't do anything!" Niall protested. Louis frowned, "Oh yeah, you did. You kept trying to make out with Nicole when she didn't want to. Then, you pushed her and called her a slut. Then, you broke up with her, and she ran out."

Niall looked shocked, "Well, I didn't mean any of it, I was drunk."

I quickly wrote down this:

You probably meant some of it.

Niall looked hurt, "No, I didn't! I love you, Nicole!"

I looked at the floor, tears brimming in my eyes. I know Niall loves me, but I'm starting to feel like I don't really know him. He gets drunk when he knows I hate drinking. He forces me to go clubbing, when he knows it's not a good idea. He keeps secrets. I don't know anymore. I don't know when he's lying and when he's telling the truth. I don't know what Niall is to me anymore.

"We're going to keep dating... right?" Niall asked me, cautiously. I looked at the floor, and shook my head. I looked up to see his face. He looked like someone just hit him.

"U-Um, okay... I-I'm sorry..." He mumbled, and went back to his own room. I looked over at Louis.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded; I-I'm not going to cry. I won't I don't want to be weak in front of them. All I do is cry... I'm so pathetic.

I saw Louis looking at me, "No, I shouldn't have asked that."

I looked up at him confused. Louis stared into my eyes, "You just got your heart broken. Nobody is okay after all that. You don't have to hold it in anymore, Nicole."

I looked up at him, with teary eyes, unsure of what to say. He pulled me closer, and wrapped his arms around me. I felt tears brimming in my eyes, but I didn't want to cry.

"Stop trying to hold it in," Louis said, "It's okay to cry."

I felt myself break. I broke down crying into Louis's shirt. I wrapped my arms around him, and he held me tightly. He whispered comforting words to me, and stroked my back, trying to calm me down. I was a mess. Just when something good happens, another bad thing happens, tearing me even more. Why can't I just be happy? Is happiness something that just doesn't occur for me? Am I so broken that happiness doesn't exist?

It was a few more minutes before my crying had calmed. Louis carefully let go of me, and looked into my teary eyes. I interrupted the silence by coughing.

"You probably should get back to sleep," Louis said. I nodded, and crawled into the covers. I saw Louis get up, and walk into Niall's room, as my eyes shut.

*Niall's P.O.V.*

I sat on my bed. I ran my fingers through my hair, and rested my forehead on my head. What have I done? I actually said all that to Nicole? I can't believe that I said all that! I felt another headache coming on from my hangover, and I groaned from the pain. I laid my back on my bed, and stared at the ceiling. I looked to my right to see Zayn still passed out from last night. Harry and Liam were gone. Hell if I know where they went. I heard the door connecting Nicole's room to mine quietly creak open. I sat up, and saw Louis walking over to me. He was glaring at me. Louis stood there saying nothing. I had to break this awkward silence.

"Is Nicole asleep?" I asked, awkwardly.

"Yes, that's why I'm not going to yell at you," Louis replied. I'm in for it now, "Why the hell would you go hurt her like that?"

"I-I was drunk," I answered. Louis frowned, "If you were going to get drunk, then why did you take her clubbing?"

I sighed, "I don't know. I was thinking that maybe this time I'll limit myself, but no I went and got drunk. I know I shouldn't have, but I did, and I don't know how to fix things. Please, Louis can you help me?" I asked, desperately. Louis sighed, "Yeah, you need Tommo's help. I can help."

I frowned, "Tommo? Really Louis, this again?"

Louis shrugged, "Hey, the fans love it. Okay, here's what you need to do."