Solving Problems

*Niall's P.O.V.*

I looked at Nicole's peaceful face as she slept. I'm so glad she finally spilled everything, but did really have to be this way? Why did she have to drink? Her Father was an alcoholic, it's only natural for her to like alcohol. We were lucky that she didn't want to drink, at first. She's always had such a firm stance against alcohol. Was everything that bad for her? Why didn't I see the signs when they were right in front of me?

I heard the door open, and the boys walked in.

"What happened?" Liam asked, as he pulled off his shoes.

"She's drunk," I answered, bluntly. The lads looked at me confused. Louis was the first to speak up, "Huh?" He asked me, really confused. I carefully set Nicole's head on the couch as I stood up. I walked over to the trash can, and pulled out the empty liquor bottle. I tossed the bottle over to Louis, and he caught it. Louis examined the bottle, and unscrewed it, "There's barely anything in it," Louis observed.

"She drank all of it," I told them.

"You're lying," Zayn replied. I sadly shook my head, "No, I'm not. She drank all of it, and got drunk."

"Why the hell would she do that?" Louis asked.

"She thought that drinking would get rid of her problems because that's what her father did," I answered.

"But... She hates drinking," Harry argued. I shrugged, "That's what I thought, too. Then, she got really stressed out, and thought it would be a good idea. Obviously, it wasn't."

"Why are you so calm about all of this?" Liam asked me, "I thought you would be furious."

"Oh, I'm really mad," I answered, my voice still calm, "But, she
s back to normal. She finally told me the truth."

"What truth?" Louis asked, anxiously anticipating the long awaited answer.

"She wasn't really happy at all, obviously," I replied, "She was faking it. Nicole wanted people to like her, so for some reason she thought being overly happy would make her like able. She noticed that it didn't seem to be working, and she began to hate herself. It was my fault that Nicole started the whole fake act. All she wanted was for someone to comfort her, but I did the opposite. I yelled at her, and ignored her, making her more terrified and lonely. She didn't want me to get close to her, because she hated herself. She was stabbed and raped, it's only natural for her to react scared. I don't know why she had to lie to me."

"That sounds familiar," Zayn mumbled. I frowned at him, "What do you mean?"

"You act like that," Zayn answered, "Since when have you broken down in front of her? You act like this tough guy who never cries. Why don't you stop lying?"

Zayn's words hit me like bullets. It was starting to make sense to me now. She was acting like me. Maybe she was embarrassed that she was always crying, and I never was.

"Why is there broken glass all over the floor," Liam asked, as he stood above the shattered glass that laid in a scattered pile in front of the wall.

"Oh, Nicole threw it at the wall," I answered, acting like it was completely normal.

"What did she act like when she was drunk?" Louis asked, curiously. Might as well tell them the story, "Well, when I came in she was completely calm. I would ask her stuff, and she would answer truthfully. Nicole didn't think about all the lies she conjured up. Then, I took the liquor away from her. That's when she freaked out. She started screaming at me, and then she told me the truth. She told me all her thoughts, while remaining angry. Then, I threw the bottle away, and she let all hell loose. She started throwing stuff, and tried to attack me. Then I carried her over to the couch and tried to hold her down so she'd stop hitting me. I told her to calm down, but instead of that she started sobbing. Eventually, she passed out."

"Whoa.... Mixed emotions, huh?" Louis replied, "So, her drinking habits.... Are like her Father's?"

I nodded, sadly, "Yeah, so we can't have her drinking anymore alcohol. Knowing Nicole, she'll try again."

"It's like we can't stop her from torturing herself," Liam muttered, "How can we stop her?"

"We could take away her razors, and get rid of any-" I began, but Harry interrupted, "Do you really think that will stop her? We have tried that before. She always finds a way to get more."

"Then, what should we do?" I asked them. Liam was the first to suggest an idea, "What about therapy?"

We all grew silent and stared at Liam, as we thought about the suggested idea. It didn't sound too bad.

"Do you really think it will work?" I asked. Liam shrugged, "I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to try."

"Do you really think she'll agree to go to therapy?" Zayn asked us. Now, that's a problem. I'm guessing Nicole won't be too fond of the idea. She doesn't even like talking to me about her problems. How will we be able to convince her to go?

"Niall, you can be in charge of that problem," Louis told me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I frowned, "What makes you think I'll be able to convince her better than you guys?"

"I don't," Louis replied, "We just don't want to."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, I'm going to take Nicole up to her room."

Louis laughed, "When she wakes up, she's gonna be so hung over."

"No shit," I replied. I carefully picked up her light body. Her head draped back once I picked her up. I carried her bridal style up to her room. I carefully set her on top of her bed. She looked so peaceful while she slept, even if she was drunk. The room was silent, so I could hear her quiet breathing. I sat on the edge of her bed, next to her sleeping body. I picked up Nicole's small hand, and looked at her wrists. Scars and dried on blood covered them. Why does she do this to herself? She used to cut her stomach, but now she's gone to her wrists. That's much more dangerous, there is a possibility that she could kill herself. Maybe therapy is the best idea. Maybe it will finally help solve her problems. I just want her to be truly happy. Not some fake kind of happy just to make people like her. I just want her to love herself again.

I carefully set down her hand. I looked at her angelic face for a moment, before I leaned in. I softly touched my lips to hers. My lips remained there for a second before pulling away. I carefully covered her tiny body with a blanket to keep her warm. I took one last look at her before I left the room to let her sleep in peace.
*

*Nicole's P.O.V.*

I woke up hours later. I sat up, and glanced at my alarm clock. It read 6:00 P.M. I groaned as I felt my head pounding. I clutched my head, hoping to make it stop. What happened today?

I felt my stomach coming up to my mouth. I quickly ran into the bathroom, and opened up the toilet seat. I puked up any food inside my stomach. I groaned, and clutched my now painful stomach. I flushed the vomit down the toilet, and laid myself onto the cold tiles, hoping it would ease some of the pain. I groaned again, as my head began pounding loudly.

"HARRY YOU OWE ME FIVE BUCKS!" I heard Louis screech, making a new wave of pain enter my head. I turned to see the boys in the doorway.

"Told you she'd throw up first," Harry said to Louis. Louis rolled his eyes, "Whatever..." He grabbed a five dollar bill from his pocket, and shoved it into Harry's hand. Harry grinned happily, and stuck it in his own pocket.

"What do you want...?" I groaned.

"Let me guess, you don't remember what happened?" Zayn asked me. I sat up, and shook my head, "No... What happened?"

"You got drunk," Niall said, I could sense a bit of a cold tone in his voice. My eyes widened as I remembered all the events of earlier today, "U-Um, I can explain!" I exclaimed.

"You don't have to," Niall replied, "You told me everything."

I looked at him confused, "Huh?" I asked. Niall stepped into the bathroom, walking closer to me, so he could look into my eyes, "You told me why you have been acting so fake."

My eyes widened again, "I-I told you?"

Niall nodded, "Yeah, everything. So, are you going to stop this whole fake act? I know that you think it helps, but I don't want you to hide your feelings just to make others happy. Plus, it worries me, and-"

"And it freaks us out," Louis interrupted. Niall glanced at Louis, annoyed he interrupted him, "Yeah, so what do you say?"

I guess my hidden acts are up, "Yeah, I'll stop."

"Thank God," Niall mumbled, "Also, I wanted to ask you something."

"Well, Niall since you're in charge of this, we're gonna go," Liam said, and the boys left. I looked at Niall confused, "What do you need to ask me?"

Niall looked kind of nervous, "U-Um, well the boys and I decided that..... We're going to take you to therapy."

-----------------------------------------------------

I UPDATED!So yeah. Well, I'm updating later. So, comment, follow, and fave! Bye lovelies!
~Madison