Chapter 11, 'Wake Up'

Natsu's Pov, 

My thoughts were all over the place. My Lucy was still in surgery while my best friend was lying next to me in a deep coma fighting for his life. I turned my head to see Juvia and Levy waiting outside ICU. I had to tell them. I slowly got up and walked out ICU to see them. The others soon joined. "Gray is in a deep coma, fighting for his life, he used himself to shield Lucy who is still in surgery" I answered as Juvia started crying, hugging Levy tight. Levy hugged her back as Erza looked at Jellal. He only nodded as he took the others back to the waiting room.

"Many people are showing up showing support" Erza whispered as I was taking deep breaths. I just wanted to see my Lucy. I wanted to know if she was right or was going to make it. "Natsu?" Erza asked worried as I felt my eyes start to water. I the bad boy was broken. Without Lucy here, I had nothing. Erza pulled me into a hug as I couldn't help but cry a little. "We want her back to" Erza whispered as I just felt so weak. I couldn't help her. I could only stand by. All I could do is watch as they fight for their lives. "Be by Gray, I heard talking to him helps" Erza then pulled away.

I only nodded as I went back into ICU. I wiped my eyes as I sat back down next to him. "Can you believe it Ice-Cube, I cried" I mumbled looking at Gray. He had a tube in his mouth helping him breath. He had to make it. He had to make it for us. For Lucy. For the truth about his mother. I then started thinking. Was they to close to the truth? Did this truth do this to them? I sat next to Lucy, holding her hand. "Wake up" I whispered to her, hoping she could hear me.

Some Hours Later, Lucy's Pov, 

Some hours passed as Natsu just sat there staring at Gray worried. Once and awhile saying something random. Soon I was brought into ICU, putting me next to Gray. I had bruises all over my face as I also had a bandage around my head. Natsu rushed to my side grabbing my hand. I felt him touch it even though Im some sort of spirit watching. "Lucee, wake up" Natsu voice cracked as tears came down his cheeks. The doctor started to say how I was in a coma, how the next 24 hours were important. I couldn't think. 

I had to wake up. For Aunt Aquarius. "C-can you get some nurse to tell the others?" Natsu asked the doctor making him nod. He soon walked over talking to one of nurses who nodded and left the room with a clipboard. I wanted to stay with Natsu but I wanted to hear the others voices. I soon followed the nurse to see her telling the others. Mira, Levy, Juvia and Erza all burst out crying, hugging their boyfriends. They even looked sad and worried as they hugged their girls. I then saw many reports outside the windows.

Should of guessed. "Lucy has to wake up... Right?" Levy asked her voice cracking as she looked at the others. They all went quiet, only sobs heard as they looked more worried. "Lucy and Gray are both fighters, Im sure they will make it" Gajeel then finally answered as Levy just hid her face into Gajeel's chest. She couldn't stop crying.  Levy please be strong. I hated to see her cry like this. Erza was questioning the nurse as she could only answer some questions. I then started to think about all this. My choice to live of die.

Well I wanted to live! I headed back toward ICU and saw Natsu sitting on the chair next to me, holding my hand. "I know your strong Lucee, I know you will win" Natsu whispered as I just smiled at him. My eyes was watering a little as Gray's heart monitor started beeping fast. I looked worried as doctors and nurses rushed over. "Prep for surgery" one doctor shouted as Natsu stood up fast watching. His eyes covered in fear and worry. I followed as they took Gray. As I followed Juvia watched covering her mouth. You can't leave her Gray. 

You can't leave us! I couldn't stop worrying. "Gray" I whispered scared as I wanted to follow but my fear of seeing him die took over. I couldn't follow as they took him into a lift. "H-he will be fine Lucee" I then heard Natsu as I turned my head to see him. He was shaking the fear taking over him. "Ice Princess is too stubborn to die" Natsu then was taking deep breaths. Natsu. I just wanted to hug him with everything I had. I just wanted to be in his arms once again. I was shaking. I wanted my brother to be alright. I wanted to wake up.

"JUVIA NEEDS TO SEE GRAY-SAMA" I then heard Juvia scream. Mira and Erza were holding Juvia, who was crying her eyes out. Natsu sat with me, holding my hand tighter. "Lucy, come back to me" Natsu whispered as I walked over toward him. I want to come back to you. I just don't know how. Just watching me make you cry is killing me Natsu. A nurse walked over putting her hand on Natsu's shoulder. "The choice of living or dying is in her hands, your love is what will bring her back" the nurse told him. I looked at her shocked.

What did she mean? Natsu just looked at me worried. "I couldn't leave even if I wanted to" I then nearly shouted as my side then started to hurt. What was going on? My own heart monitor started to beep a little fast as the nurse checked it. "She's fighting" the nurse smiled. This pain was me coming back? What was going on? How was I going to wake up? I just wanted to be with Natsu and the others....