54. Hello Love

Caleb is unfortunately still sitting on my lap but I don't mind. I've noticed he's toned up as well. Normally the boys work out with me but not always. The other boys left because they had to go the store for some unknown reason. I think more to get out of the bus, being as we've been cooped up for five hours. My legs have gone numb then Caleb would move in a different position and then repeating this over and over. Why he's sitting on my lap and not next to me I will never know but like I said it doesn't bother me. My older brother would do this for hours at a time just talking about his day and later about how cancer his was taking over. My heart aches for my brother. I'm not sure how these thoughts have entered my mind. Maybe it's just because Caleb reminds me so much of Branden.

"So when exactly is our break? The email wasn't clear." I ask and Caleb shrugs.

"Can't tell you."

"Why?"

"Cause." Caleb shifts to look at me over his shoulder. I nuzzle my head against his neck and sigh.

"You're something else, Caweb."

"Guess what I bought!" Robby runs back into the room causing the both of us to flinch.

"Oh dear." I sigh.

"A girlfriend?" Caleb snickers and I slap him causing him to stop.

"I got GTA!" He aggressively rips the game out of the wrapping and I stand up shoving Caleb to the floor.

"Hey!" Caleb shouts but I cut him off. "You got it!" I gasp walking to the xbox turning it on beating Robby to the remote.

"Haha! You snooze you lose!" I run jumping over Caleb to sit on the couch behind him.

"Christiana I am not kidding with you. You have 5 seconds to hand over the remote." Robby says standing in front of me, well Caleb, with his hands balled into fists. This shocks me because Robby is the least violent person I have ever met but people are serious when it comes to games.

"I bought it. I get to play first." He says sternly through clenched teeth.

"It's my xbox." I remind him this statement brings me back when I first bought the xbox with my paycheck from working in the summer before senior year.

My brother, Branden and I had this same argument though mother had a headache that day and I payed for disrupting the silence by a spiked leather belt on my back. I couldn't wear a bra much less a shirt for weeks until the skin healed from the multiple beatings. Luckily it was a break in school so I wore a very loose shirt most of the time even when I had to go back to that hellhole I wore a loose hoodie and biting my lip from crying as the cloth rubbed against my sore back.

Branden had tried to stop her that day but she hit him across the face with the belt instantly stopping because she hurt her pride and joy, my brother. I should be jealous of my brothers for receiving my mothers love but I'm not. After that moment he lost all respect for my mother and we both moved out of the house being he was 25. My younger brother, Christian stayed behind since he was 4 years younger and I was already 18. I knew he would be safe at home and I would pick him up for school and take him to Branden's house and take him back to our family's house at night.

"Hand the remote over!" Robby yells and my chest collapses. My mother also yelled that at me before bringing the spiked belt she used many times before on the bare skin of my back.

"Please don't!" I whimper bringing my legs up to my chest clutching them creating a barrier between me and my mother.

"Christiana." Robby's voice drops and I feel fingers wipe my cheeks as unintentional tears stream down them. I flinch and shuffle away struggling to breathe.