Bringing Your First Baby Home-CH

YOUR POV

To say Calum was nervous is an understatement. He was rushing around trying to make sure everything was perfect for when we brought our daughter home from the hospital.

Amelia was a beautiful baby girl with her daddy's smile. Calum and I were ecstatic when we found out we were pregnant. And yesterday was the day we got to meet our little angel. She's strong and healthy and ready to go home.

"Calum, relax. Everything is going to be fine."

"How are you so calm?"

"'Cause I am. Cal, it's our first baby. Not a time-bomb. Everything will be fine. We're going to be fantastic parents. Now, let's get Amelia down to the car, so we can get her settled in at home."

Calum nodded and the nurse wheeled me out in a wheel chair as I held Amelia in my arms. Calum went to pull the car around the front. Once we had Amelia securely in her seat, I hopped in the back next to her and Calum drove off.

We only lived maybe fifteen minutes from the hospital and it's already been twenty minutes and we weren't even half way home.

"Cal, you don't have to drive like a blind grandma. Just don't go over the speed limit."

"Sorry. Just trying to be safe."

Once we arrived home, we brought Amelia to her bedroom. "Look, baby girl. This is your bedroom," I spoke to her softly. I picked her up gently out of her carrier. "There's your crib. Daddy put that together himself. Well, with a little help from uncle Ashton. And there's the dresser and changing table. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time there. And here's the rocking chair. Do you want to sit with me?" I sat down slowly, Calum watching every move. "Are you hungry," I asked and pulled my shirt up for her to nurse. She accepted willingly.

"How do you know to do this stuff," Calum asked.

"Those classes weren't for nothing," i laughed lightly. "And my family has a lot of babies. I've had practice."

Calum smiled. "You're going to be a fantastic mother."

"And you're going to be a fantastic father."

Calum's smile never left his face. He leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips. "She's so beautiful," he said. "We made her, (y/n). We made this angel."

"I know we did," I smiled. "We did a good job, babe."

"Damn right we did."

We heard some hushed voices down the hall. Both Calum and I knew exactly who they were.

"Can we come in," we heard Michael say. Calum grabbed a blanket and covered Amelia and I with it so that my breast wasn't exposed.

"Come on in," Calum in.

The boys entered the room and stood around us. Amelia finished and I pulled my shirt back down. Calum removed the blanket. I brought Amelia up on my shoulder and burped her.

Ashton spoke up and asked, "May I hold her?"

I smiled and handed her over to her Uncle Ashton. Ashton held her gently and whispered soft words to her. "You see that crib? Don't let your daddy fool you. I did all the work," Ashton said. We all laughed.

I got up from the chair and went to stand next to Calum. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple.

"This is going to be a beautiful family," Luke said.

"Thank you." I looked at Ashton holding my daughter. "Amelia Candice Hood, Welcome home."