He Thinks You Like Another Boy-LH

YOUR POV

"I don't know what to do, Calum," I said. I was sitting on the couch talking to my best friend about my boyfriend. "Luke just got distant. Like really distant. He hardly kisses me anymore, we don't cuddle, he barely talks to me now. I don't know what's going on. I don't think I did anything wrong..." I felt a tear slip down my cheek. "Do you think he doesn't love me anymore."

Calum opened his mouth, then shut it as if trying to find the words to say. "I think you need to spend more time with him."

"What are you talking about? I live with him!"

"Yeah but when was the last time you two had a date, or a lazy movie day?" I looked down in my lap. It had been a while. "Exactly. You spend all your time with your friends. With me."

"What're you saying? Luke is jealous that I spend time with you?"

"Yes! (y/n), he thinks you like me. Don't think he doesn't come to me about this stuff, because he does."

"He thinks I like you? No offense, Cal but.... Gross! I love you and all, but you're like a brother to me."

"I know that, but Luke doesn't."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I wanted you to figure it out yourself, but that clearly wasn't happening."

"Don't get like that," I warned.

"Like what? I'm trying to help you, (y/n). Now go home and talk to your boyfriend!"

I sighed and stood up, walking out the door. I walked through my front door and found Luke sitting on our couch. I sat next to him. He didn't acknowledge me. I looked at his features. His blue eyes were paler than normal, his hair was disheveled, and it looked like he hadn't shaved in a week. I wanted to cry. I did this to him. I made him feel this way. I felt terrible.

I finally found the courage to speak. "So I've been talking to Calum."

"That's a big surprise," he deadpanned.

"Luke, please listen to me," I begged.  He put the TV on mute. "I'm so sorry. I... I hadn't realized I'd been neglecting you. Yeah, I hang out with Calum, but I don't like him. He's like a brother to me. I'm so so sorry, Luke." I felt a tear fall. "I'm not even going to make up and excuse because there isn't a good enough one for what I did. I don't even know why I was spending so much time with my friends. I guess I got so used to you being gone, I didn't fall out of the habit of being with them. And when you got distant, I went to Calum for advice and I'm so so so sorry. I don't blame you if you want to break with me... I'm a terrible girlfriend."

Luke looked at me then, like I had said the impossible.

"I don't want to break up with you," he said. "I love you too much, and if I lost you, I'd lose myself. I knew you didn't like Calum, but part of me couldn't help but be jealous and think that. And you're not a bad girlfriend. You're a great one."

"But I made you feel like this," I said. "How can that qualify for a good girlfriend?"

"Everyone makes mistakes, and the fact that you figured out what was going on means a lot. I shouldn't have pouted about it. I should have confronted you about it. Every couple has arguments."

"I know... I just... I'm so sorry, Luke. Please forgive me."

"I do," he said. I smiled and wiped away my tears. Without warning, I crawled into his lap and snuggled close to him. He immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"I've missed you so much," I said.

"You have no idea." He kissed the top of my head. We stayed like that, tangled together, for the rest of the day. Until we realized it was time for bed. Then we crawled into bed and did it again.