Love/Hate Relationship-LH

A/n: hey guys!
QOTD: what's the craziest thing you've done for someone/something you loved?
AOTD: for me, it have to be spending all my fucking money on someone who I meant nothing to.

YOUR POV 

I was over at Ashton's with all the boys. They had just finished piecing together their latest album and we all decided that it was in need of a celebration. Ashton and Calum had their girlfriends over, while Michael was, what seemed like, desperately trying to get the girl he had been talking to to join us. And Luke, well Luke didn't have a girl. And I didn't have a boy, so he isn't exactly alone.

For some reason, I fell in love with Luke along the way. I met the boys back in 2012 when they first started out. I went to one of their gigs and bumped into them after the performance. I congratulated them and told them that they had a lot of talent. And things just kind of clicked from there with the four of them. We've been best friends ever since. Luke, however, is a different story.

Luke and I have always had this love-hate relationship thing going on. We playfully banter, burn each other with our comments, and then make up at the end of it all by getting one another a drink or something like that. Tonight Luke went a bit over board. Despite our relationship, I'm probably the closest to Luke because he knows what makes me tick. He knows what buttons to push to get which reaction out of me. If you ask me, you'd have to know a person pretty well to know exactly what pisses them off and what sends them to their happy place. Luke knows all of that. Which was why it really irks me when he makes certain comments. Like tonight.

I was sipping a beer when the topic of relationships was brought up. Its not like I'm super sensitive about the topic, but the direction it veered in made me uncomfortable.

"I've been cheated on before as well," Calum said. "It's not a fun feeling. Knowing that the person you care about most has someone else on their mind.... its heartbreaking."

I dropped my head. It's not like I ever cheated on someone. But I was cheated on by my ex and it was more than just him seeing another girl. There were so many other factors that were involved with it.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. Luke noticed. "What's wrong, (y/n)? Does this topic make you uncomfortable?" he asked.

"Not exactly," I murmured, not wanting to explain myself.

"Have you ever been cheated on," Luke asked. I didn't responded. I didn't want to answer. It brought back too many memories. I gave Luke a look that pretty much read 'shut the fuck up or i'll kill you' but he didn't seem to get it. "I mean, I wouldn't blame the guy if he did cheat on you. You don't have the skills that it takes to make a man stay," he laughed lightly. He had that joking smirk on his face. I took it as my chance to bite back.

"Says the guy who can't get a girl to begin with," I snapped back. Everyone around sat with their jaws dropped.

"Not true! And at least I know that I don't have any STIs. And at least I know how to pleasure my other half. We all know that you like that kinky shit. Who knows, you probably like being hit," he laughed lightly again, but I didn't. That comment hit me hard. I set my beer on the table and got up. I headed for the door, not saying another word to anyone. I've never walked out when Luke and I would banter. But then again, Luke never crossed the line like he did tonight. "Wait, (y/n)! Come back! I was only joking," I heard him call after me.

I heard footsteps coming towards me but I shut the door before they could reach me. About five minutes passed before Luke walked outside.

"(y/n), I'm sorry. I-"

"You know, it's bad enough that you made a comment about me 'not having the skills it takes to make a man stay' but you had to go and say shit about sexually transmitted diseases and being beaten." I felt hot tears well up in my eyes. "I know you're only joking, but that shit hurts, Luke. It hurts a lot."

"I thought you were over him, (y/n)."

"Really? That's what you get from this?"

"I know he cheated on you, sweetheart. But it's been almost a year. You need to move on with your life."

"You obviously don't know the whole story," I scoffed.

"Then why don't you tell me." Luke was looking down at me. Pure concern in his eyes. He had never been this sincere. "Look, honey. I know we have our differences. But you can come to me for anything."

I took in a deep breath. "He was a terrible boyfriend. He didn't just cheat on me..." I stopped to wipe the tears away. "I never had sex with him, Luke. And I highly suspect that that was one of the reasons he left. Because I wasn't giving him the sexual pleasure he wanted. After thinking it through I realized he either has or had some sort of STI. And the fact that you brought that up really hurt me. To think that I had been so close to losing it to that piece of..." My breath started shaking. "He was a meth head. High as a kite all the damn time. And when he would come down, he would get mean. The way he did the drug fucked with his brain more than it should have. It made him paranoid and made him think and see things that weren't true. He thought I knew things and thought I was hiding stuff from him. When I'd tell him I knew nothing, he'd grab my wrists, or my neck, or some part of my body. He hurt me, Luke. Not just emotionally, but physically. He would grab on to me and look me dead in the eye and call me a piece of shit for not telling him something that I clearly had no fucking clue about. I had bruises around my wrist for almost a week because of his drug addiction. Those events have made it hard for me to get close to anyone... It scares me to be with someone because of what he did to me. So in response to your comment earlier: no. I don't like being fucking hit."

"Oh my god.... (y/n). I am so so sorry," he said, wrapping me gently in his arms. I rested my head on his chest, taking in his scent. "I'm sorry I ever said anything. I'm sorry he fucked you over, I'm sorry he cheated on you, I'm sorry for the way he made you feel, and I'm sorry he hurt you and if I ever see him out on the street, I am going to beat him so hard that he will be in the hospital for weeks." I sobbed quietly. Just letting out everything I had kept bottled up inside took  a lot out of me. I couldn't hold it together anymore. Luke held me tighter. "And I'm sorry I make such comments. Truth is, I love you and I don't know how to act around you so I get stupid. I've loved you for longer than I can remember. I didn't know what to do about these feelings. I'm so sorry for anything I've said that may have hurt you. I don't blame you if you hate me."

I sniffled and murmured, "I love you too, Luke."

"What was that?"

I looked up at him and said, "I love you, too." Luke's face lit up, a small smile crossing his lips. He leaned forward and kissed me softly.

"How about I take you out. On a real date. Tomorrow night. And you already know I'd never hurt you. Mentally or physically."

"I know. And I'd love that," I said.

"Good. Now, I think everyone is going to be heading home soon. Do you want me to take you home?"

"Only if you're staying with me," I whispered softly.

"Sounds like a plan," he whispered back and kissed me again.