His Girlfriend Doesn't Like You-CH

YOUR POV
I was spending time with the guys at their place. Calum was my best friend out of the four, so he and I always talked for hours. Today I didn't do much talking though. My depression had begun to sink in and I just fell quiet. Not to mention the fact Calum's girlfriend was there too. Krissie is a total bitch. I'm amazed that Calum ended up with her. And she just absolutely loves to torment me. There's not a day when she doesn't say something about my weight, or my hair, or my face, or my clothes, or my entire existence all together. Calum never noticed anything. Probably because she did whenever he left the room or she said it in such a cute, happy tone that there is no way she could be insulting me.

So today she had said more than her fair share, and since I was already feeling shitty about myself, it just made it worse. Calum noticed I was quieter than usual, but I denied anything when he asked and told him I was fine.

Calum left the room to get a beer. That left me alone with Krissie. She gave me the dirtiest look. "That top makes you look fat. Not that you aren't fat already, that sweater just really shows your belly."

I shifted uncomfortably and to hide my stomach. "You've said that already..." I mentioned to her.

"Did I? Oh I'm sorry. Let's talk about something else then. Your face. Do you know how hideous those blackheads are? Ugh, they're so noticeable."

I let my face drop. I heard footsteps and looked to my right to find Ashton lurking by the doorway. He gave me a sympathetic look. But he didn't move or say anything.

"Oh and don't get me started on you're hair," she scoffed. "It's so... How do I put it? Ugly. And stupid. Just like you. You're ugly and stupid and fat and you will never get anywhere in life, so good luck." That shattered me. As if I wasn't in bad state of mind to begin with.

Calum walked back into the room and handed Krissie a beer. "Thanks, baby," she said.

I sat where I was, staying quiet. Then Ashton spoke. "Calum, could I talk you for a minute. Alone."

When Calum left with Ashton, I got up and walked into the bathroom. I had started crying on my way down the hall. I locked the door so no one could get in and I used the back bathroom. The bathroom no one ever goes to. I balled my eyes out as I stared at myself in the mirror. Krissie was right. I am nothing.

I searched the drawers for anything sharp I could find. When I found an old razor head, I took it out and stared at it for a while. I sat on the floor and just stared at it, taking glances at the already scared skin on my arm.

I heard a knock on the door.

"(Y/n). Please open the door," Calum said.

"No. I'm just going to sit in her for a while. I really want to be alone." I said it as calmly as I could.

"Please, Princess. Just open the door." I didn't answer. He called me princess... He does that a lot. I've always wondered why. I heard footsteps fade and I sighed in relief. About five minutes past before I decided to take the blade to my skin. Just as I was about to run the blade, the bathroom door opened and revealed a very worrisome Calum.

He looked at me, then at the blade in my hand. I slowly put my hand down, still holding the blade. The look in his eyes was heartbreaking.

He slowly made his way to me and sat down beside me. His hand reached for mine that held the blade. He slipped it from my grip and then proceeded to flush it down the toilet.

I just stared forward, tears falling. The next thing I knew, I was wrapped in Calum's embrace. He held me as I sobbed into his shirt.

"You're okay. I'm here now," he soothed. His hand came up to stroke my hair. I soon calmed down enough for him to explain. "Ashton told me about Krissie... I'm so sorry, (y/n). I had my doubts about her. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I liked her." I didn't say anything. "I broke up with her. If she can't be nice to my best friend then she has no place in my life. Besides. She's not the one I want to be with. I've been realizing that these past few weeks more than ever."

I looked up at him confused. He looked me in the eyes and then kissed me. His lips soft and plump and perfect.

"You're the one I want to be with," he said. "You are perfect to me in every way possible. I knew something was wrong tonight. I'm so so sorry she did that to you." He picked up my arm. "Why didn't you ever tell me you were hurting this much?"

"Krissie always got in the way," I muttered. "And I didn't want to waste your time with it."

"My time is never wasted talking to you. Especially if we're talking about something like this. Please, (y/n). If you're ever having a bad day, or feel like hurting yourself... Please just come talk to me. That's why I'm here. I don't think you understand how much it hurts me to see you like this."

I nodded my head. "I'm sorry, Cal..."

"You have nothing to be sorry for." He looked down at me. "You didn't get a lot of sleep did you?" I shook my head. "Everyone's entertaining themselves. Let's go lay down for a while and just relax, okay?"

I nodded again and we went I his bedroom. I laid down on his bed and immediately sank into its comfort. Calum did the same and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close. "Get some rest. I'm right here if you need anything."

"Okay," I mumbled before falling asleep on his chest.