When You're Drunk-AI

HIS POV

I walked through my front door and into my living room of the house I shared with my girlfriend (y/n). I turned the corner and could hear uncontrollable laughter. Oh no. Not again. (y/n) doesn't necessarily have a drinking problem, but when she gets drunk, she gets a little out of hand. And of course its my job to take care of her. Not that I mind it at all. I love being needed. I'm just worried that if she gets wasted when I'm not around, she will end up hurting herself.

"(y/n)," I said as I stepped up behind her. She sat in a chair at the dinning table with her laptop open and a video of a cat playing on youtube.

"Look at this cat Ashton," she slurred. "Its soooooooo fucking funny." She then let out a loud burst of laughter.

"I can see you find it hilarious," I said, a little curious as to why she got this wasted. "Babe, what made you decide to drink tonight?"

"Does it matter? What matters is how funny this cat is."

"No, (y/n)," I said taking her hand and pulling up out of the chair. She stumbled and fell forward, but I caught her. She rested against my chest.

She looked up and said, "You're hot."

"Yeah, thanks," I said. I looked over at the table and noticed a paper towel with blood stains on it. Shit. "(y/n), where did that blood come from?"

"Oh, that? I cut my finger with a knife trying to cut lettuce." I picked her hands up and low and behold, there was a cut on her left index finger, and it was still bleeding. This was one of my worst fears coming true.

"Fuck. Its still bleeding, (y/n). I'm taking you up to the bathroom." I took a hold of her hand that wasn't injured and lead her up the stairs. I grabbed a water bottle for her on the way. Once we were in the bathroom, I sat her down on the toilet and handed her the water bottle.

A few minutes passed and she started to sober up already. She stayed quiet. I cleaned her finger until it stopped bleeding. She didn't need to be taken to the hospital for it, but it will definitely need to be watched closely so that it doesn't open again. I smoothed some antibiotic cream over it, then bandaged it.

"Okay, its done. You're going to have to favor it, though. We don't want it to open again." I watched as she nodded her head slowly, staring blankly in front of her. "Why did you drink so much, (y/n)?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I was having some bad anxiety and I wanted to relax. It started out with just one drink, but then one came after the other and... yeah." She dropped her head. "I'm so sorry, Ash. I didn't want you to come home and see me like this."

I knelt down so our faces were level with each other. "It's okay. Just don't do it again. I know how you get when you're drunk. And my worst fear came true today." She looked at me confused. "My worst fear is you getting hurt when I'm not around to take care of you. You and I are both lucky it was just a cut on the finger. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. I love you."

"I love you too, Ashton. And again, I'm sorry. I wont do it again. And if its any consolation, I meant what I said when I told you you were hot."

I smiled and kissed her lips softly. "You're kinda hot too. Just an itty bitty little bit hot," I smirked.

"Good one," she laughed.

"Come on. I wanna shower before bed. You should join me."

"I didn't say you were that hot." I just stared at her. "I'm kidding. Let's go." I helped her up, and since we were already in the bathroom, I shut the door and proceeded to strip both our clothes off.