The Nerd-CH

a/n: in this imagine youre the nerd and he approaches you
P.s. I'm updating today because I am in the mountains and will be somewhere tomorrow, so I won't get a chance to then haha rather do it now than forget. Love you bunches!!

YOUR POV

I was sitting in class bored out of my mind. I had finished all my work and had nothing left to do. Normally I would read, but I had finished my book at lunch and forgot to bring a new one.

I tapped my fingers on my desk impatiently, waiting for the bell to ring. Thankfully it was the last class of the day.

I sat towards the back of the class. I was the nerd at school. People ignored me, or tormented me. I didn't do anything, though. I guess I was alright with that. The torment wasn't terrible. I just did my best to stay out of people's way.

I felt a presence sit down in the empty seat beside me. I turned to find Calum Hood. He was the school's jock. He can be mean, but for the most part, he was nice. I've never talked to him before so I couldn't tell you much about him except for the fact that he is a great soccer player, and is extremely hot.

"Hey," he said.

"Hello," I answered. He kept looking at me. "Did you come over to ask me to do your homework or something?"

"What? No... I just wanted to say hi. You looked lonely."

"I'm more bored than I am lonely."

"Yeah. Usually when you're not doing work, you have your head buried in a book."

"Well I finished my book at lunch and forgot to bring another one with me."

"At least you know to bring one tomorrow," he smiled. I smiled back and laughed lightly. "Do you want to hang out with me after school?"

"Don't you have practice?"

Calum shrugged his shoulders. "I can miss one day. What do you say?"

"Sure. It be nice not to be in my room for once."

"Awesome. Unfortunately, my locker is on the other side of campus, so I'll meet you out front?"

"Sounds good," I said. The bell rang and everybody shuffled out of the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Calum met me outside just as he said he would. We ended up walking to the park where we just sat and talked. I learned a lot about him and started to like him.

Finally, I asked him the question that had been burning in the back of my brain. "Why did you want to hang out with me?" He looked at me confused. "Most people either ignore me completely, push me against my locker, or want me to do their homework. I'm not exactly what you call 'popular'."

"To be honest, (y/n). I wanted to hang out with you because I like you. I've kinda had a crush on you for a while now. And I've seen the way people treat you. I don't like it. You have so much more worth than that." I felt my face turn hot. "So what if you're smart? I admire your intelligence. And I know we never really talked before, so its hard for me to say exactly what it is I like about you. I fell for the girl in my class, and from talking to you here, I think that the real you is just as amazing as the you in class."

"I smiled shyly and said, "You're pretty amazing too. And thank you. I've never had anyone say something like that to me before."

"I meant every word. Do you want to go get some coffee? Consider it our first date."

"I would love to," I smiled. The fact that he knew I'd say yes to him proves that he will be a good boyfriend. He'll know when something is wrong and how to cheer me up. I couldn't wait to see where this coffee date leads.