Love/Hate Relationship-CH

YOUR POV 

I walked into my apartment that I shared with my friend Calum. We had known each other since we were eleven and are pretty close, but after two years of living together we've grown to have this love/hate friendship. And because we know each other so well we know exactly how to push each other's buttons. 

I also knew that living with Calum would have its difficulties because when we were about fourteen, I had realized that I was in love with him. At the time I told myself I was crazy and was too young to understand what love was, but I also told myself that Calum made me feel things that no one else has ever made me feel. 

And living with him meant seeing him walk out of the shower in nothing but a towel, listening to him work out lyrics and harmonies to new music, and him randomly showing up in the doorway of my bedroom with that gorgeous, goofy smile on his face. We also had deep conversations late at night when neither one of us could sleep. We'd talk about our day and such. But there seemed to be more annoying moments than any. Like when he would chew too loud, which I'm sure was done intentionally to irritate me. Or when he'd get mad at me for hogging the blanket when we are on the couch watching TV. But I think the small things irritated me so much because it was getting harder and harder to hold my feelings in. Harder and harder to not sit there and stare at his beautiful features. Harder and harder to not leap into his lap and lock my lips with his. Writing in my journal was no longer enough. 

As I shut the door behind me, I set my keys on the table and heard Calum shouting as he was walking down the hallway. I could tell by the tone of his voice that some taunting was coming along. I was not in the mood for any playful banter today. I had a terrible day at school, and then work was even worse. It was late, I was tired, and I wanted to sit alone in my room. 

"Oh, (y/n)," he said in a sing song voice. I turned and watched him saunter into the room holding a pink notebook. Oh hell no. He did not find my journal. "Look what I found sitting open on the coffee table this morning." 

"Please tell me you didn't read it," my voice choked out. 

"How could I not? You practically left it laying open for me." 

"I did no such thing. I got so engulfed in writing in it that I didn't realize what time it was. I was going to be late for school. . . I just got up and left. I did not leave it there for you to read." 

"Well, it's too late for that, sweetheart," he chuckled. 

"Fuck you, Hood." 

"Let me see. . . 'it was dark and cold outside as Steve wrapped his jacket around my shoulders. I thanked him quietly with a shy smile'-" I tried snatching the book from him but he held it hostage in the air. "You're quite the writer, (y/n). I'm a little hurt that you never told me about it. And MARVEL fan fiction suits you," he laughed again. "But it's not just fan fiction written in here, is it? There's more. . . more personal writings." Fuck. . . He read what I wrote about him. I did my best to conceal that it was him with an alias name for him, but it looks like he may have cracked the code. "There's the letters HC and the number 5. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was written about me, and those letters and number were just a cover up, which failed, if I might add." 

"Calum, stop," I pleaded, my eyes on the floor. He took a few steps closer to me and I backed away. 

"It's true then? You were writing about me all along?" 

"I said stop. Don't come any closer," I warned. 

"Why? Can't handle being close to me?" He continued to walk closer until he had me pinned between him and the wall. He stared at me for a minute and then kissed me. It was everything I ever imagined. Soft, warm, passionate, and long overdue. He pulled away and let his head rest upon mine. "How come you never told me?" 

"I was afraid of rejection. . . That's all I ever got in life. Last thing I needed was rejection from my best friend and ruining the living situation." 

"Well, tell me," he said, bringing his hand up to caress my cheek. "Does this look like rejection?" He kissed me again, this one deeper than the first. I melted into his body and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"Not at all," I whispered. "I love you, Calum." 

"I love you too, babygirl. You look exhausted. Why don't you go get comfy and I'll pop us some popcorn and we'll watch a movie." 

"Okay," I said and he kissed me again before letting me go to my room to change.  

a/n: sorry for the lack of updates. . . I'm really focused on the brendon urie fanficiton I have been writing so please bear with me aha