Friends With Benefits-LH

YOUR POV

Another day, another night I spent with my best friend Luke. We weren't a couple, but we did things. Things I am not proud of now because we are not a couple. I was in love with Luke, and I had always planned to tell him. Until one day he proposed the FWB ordeal and didn't mention anything about us having a relationship that wasn't strictly physical.

Tonight was a different story, though. I had a bad day and I just wanted some comfort from Luke. No funny business. Just cuddling, talking, watching Netflix, and ordering pizza.

I picked up my phone and called. "Hey, Luke," I said softly, my voice sounding distant.

"Hey, (y/n). Are you alright? You sound... off."

"Yeah... well, no. I'm not... okay."

"Do you want me to come over?"

"I mean, if it isn't inconvenient for you..."

"Babe, you are never an inconvenience for me. I'll be over in a few," he said and hung up.

Maybe I should tell him. I thought. Tell him that I have feelings and if we can't go on doing what we do while having an emotional relationship too, then it needs to stop. My heart started to race, anticipating what might happen.

Not long after I started pondering on the things that could happen, Luke walked into my room. I looked at him confused. "You left your front door unlocked again."

"Oops," I said, not giving it a second thought. Luke laid down next to me on my bed.

"You should be more careful with that stuff. Someone could just walk right in," he said. "And I don't know what I'd do if something were to happen to you." His lips found mine instantly. I kissed him back, then realized what I had planned in my head.

I pulled away. "Wait, Luke." He looked at me. "I... umm... I actually... uhh..." Saying I was nervous would be an understatement.

"It's okay," he said. He laid on his back and pulled me so I was resting my head on his chest. "You don't have to say it. If it helps, I'm really not that horny tonight." I laughed lightly at his comment. "What's bothering you?"

"I just had a really shitty day. I'm constantly being hit on by my boss. It's disgusting."

"I'm sorry. Do you want me to set him straight?"

"No. I can't risk getting fired. But thanks."

Luke took in a deep breath and said, "There's something I've been wanting to talk to you about."

"Yeah?"

"So, there's this girl..." he said. My heart shattered. Not only will we stop having sex, but my chances of being with him are slim to none.

"Really?" I said, doing my best to sound at least somewhat happy.

"Yeah. She's cute, and wonderful, and amazing. She has these eyes... and her smile is just," he let out a sigh of contentment.

"Okay," I said, letting him know that I got the hint and knew what he wanted. I slowly moved away, trying to get up, but he pulled me back.

"Where are you going?"

"You have another girl... I'm doing the right thing and not cuddling with you, let alone having sex with you. That's what you were hinting to, wasn't it?"

"No... I was hinting that I wanted more."

Wait... "W-what?"

"That girl is you, (y/n). I love you, and I should have told you a long long time ago. I knew you were a virgin the first time we had sex. And that was when I started to fall for you. The fact that you were so willing to give up something so sacred to me... I knew that you had to have feelings for me too. And as time went on, my feelings progressed. I really wish I had told you sooner."

"You are telling me now. That's what matters," I said and looked up at him. "I love you too. I have since the day I met you."

Luke kissed me passionately. "Will you be mine?"

"Yes," I said and he kissed me again. And we both ended up being a little more horny than we expected.