The Nerd- MC

YOUR POV

I sat down by myself in the lunch room. It was like this every day. No one wants to sit with a nerd. That's what I was. A nerd. I had straight A's, loved comic books, and almost everything that had to do with Star Wars and Star Trek. I was such a nerd that even the other nerds avoided me. Which sucked because I thought a couple of them were pretty cute. Especially Michael.

Michael was kind of like me, but on a lesser level. His hair was dyed a different color every month. It is currently a red color. I change my hair about every month and a half. Right now I had blue ombre hair, and next week I'm thinking of changing it to orange, or maybe purple. Michael wore similar clothes. We seemed to wear shirts with the same bands on them, and if they weren't the same bands, they were the same genre. Blink-182, Green Day, Nirvana, All Time Low, Iron Maiden, Metallica, and so on. He always wore black skinny jeans. The only time he ever wears blue jeans is if it is laundry day. And I only know that because I over heard him talking to his friends in the hall. And like me, he wore leather jacket or a denim jacket almost every day. He was a beautiful sight, and I knew we'd get along great, but we never talked, and probably never will.

Anyway, I sat by myself and took a bite of my turkey sandwich I had made for myself this morning. I looked over in Michael's direction and there he was. Sitting with his friends, a gaping smile on his face. He really was beautiful. I had been staring too long that I didn't even notice he looked over at me. His green eyes met mine and we stared at each other for a few seconds. Finally I was able to look away. I shook my head and gathered my stuff. Suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore. For a second I thought maybe he and I could have a conversation. But then I remembered who I was and who he was. I threw my lunch away in the trash and left the lunch room. I headed down the empty hall. I heard footsteps and they were not mine. They were coming from behind me. I decided to ignore them and make my way to my locker. Then I felt a hand on my elbow, pulling me back and turning me around.

"Didn't you hear me calling your name," a deep, Australian accent said. I looked up to find Michael. Holy shit. He's actually talking to me. He was tall, definitely over six foot, and he towered over my short frame.

"I uhh... Sorry, I was just trying to get to my l-locker."I stuttered. Holy fuck, is that how I sound all the time?

"Look, (y/n)-"

"Wait, you know my name?"

"Of course I do. We have like four classes together."

"Right," I said. "What's up?"

"I think it's time we talked."

What the hell does that mean?

"O-okay," I stuttered again. Fuck!

"Come with me," Michael said and held out his hand. I took it and he lead me out to the back courts where we sat on a bench. He took in a deep breath and said, "I know this is probably really awkward, considering we've never really talked before, but I thought it be a good idea to start talking."

"Really?" My heart was racing uncontrollably. I thought it was going to leap out of my chest and surrender itself to this man.

"Yes. I know you look at me in the lunchroom. And in math class, and english, and science, and-"

"Okay, I get it," I said, my cheeks turning red and hot. How embarrassing this was.

Michael smiled and put his hand on top of mine, holding it slightly. "I'm just surprised you haven't caught me looking at you too."

"What?" I asked, shocked. There's no way he would want to look at me.

"I think you're very beautiful, (y/n). Inside and out. I know more about you than you think. I'm not a stalker," he said, probably realizing how the previous sentence sounded. "That's not the case at all. I just... I'm very observant, and I could tell some of the things you like by the clothes you wear and what you bring to school with you. I know you don't have too many friends," he said and I tilted my head down, only for him to tilt it back up with his index finger, "But I do see you talk to a few girls in the hall. And I can tell when you have a real smile on your face versus a fake one, and I can tell your emotions by how you carry yourself each day. Today, to me at least, you seemed a little down. Maybe even a little bit sad. Am I wrong?"

"No," I mumbled. I was baffled by the fact that someone who was almost a complete stranger to me was able to break me down and find these things out.

"I like you, (y/n). A lot. And I beat myself up everyday that I didn't talk to you. And it also hurts me when I see you're not at your happiest. I want to change that. I want you to be happy all the time. And I want you, us, to be able to talk to each other about things. What do you say?"

I nodded my head. "Okay," I said, looking up into his green eyes.

A smiled grew on his face. "Oh good! I had that speech planned out for weeks. I'm such a chicken, I swear. I finally found the courage to talk to you."

"Well, I'm glad you did, because I never would have been able to. Honestly, I thought you didn't like me at all, considering that no one else really does."

"I know people like you. But some care more about their reps as jocks and populars that they miss out on having someone great like you."

"Thanks, Michael," I smiled.

"How about you and I go out for some food after school. My treat."

"Sure, but you don't have to pay for my food," I said.

"Don't worry about it. Consider it our first date," he said and stood up. He held out his hand. "C'mon. We'll be late for class."

I smiled and took his hand, anxiously waiting for out first date after school.

A/n: I'm backkkkkk (insert evil devil smily emoji)