Prologue

I am Manami Okuda, a former student of Kunugigaoka's Class 3-E, and a current student at Sakuramachi High School. I know, such a cliché introduction, but that's all I could really think off. I'm good at science, not words; clearly.

Anyway, ever since Korosensei died and our years of assassins were terminated, Class 3-E has set out on their own quests. Luckily though, I was able to stick with my friends, Kayano, Kanzaki, and Nakamura. The four of us attend the same high school and spend lots of time together during, and after school.

However, I haven't only been keeping in touch with these three gals. I've kept in touch with almost all of Class 3-E, really. But if there's something I am especially proud off, it would have to be the friendship I have developed with Karma Akabane. Cheesy, I know, but it never ceases to amaze me how I was able to remain his friend even though he stayed back at Kunugigaoka.

I feel like I've gotten to see a different side of Karma. He puts on a tough act and pretends to not care about anything. Many would describe him as lethargic and, more or less, intimidating. However, when I am around him, all I see is a kind guy with a few attitude problems. In other words, your typical teenager.

Well... Sometimes. I have to admit, Karma can go a little overboard at times.

Everyday, after saying goodbye to my friends, Karma and I walk home from school together since we live nearby. Sometimes I go to his house and play games with him, and sometimes he comes to my house to do our homework together or watch a movie.

As a matter of fact, I am walking home right now!

Okay. Wow. I didn't realize how my daily routine reaaaaalllyyy sounds like something out of a shoujo manga. Ah.

I mean, except for the whole, Karma and I being together and dating, s-stuff... It would be nice, but no.

Wait, what am I saying?

"Oi, Okuda!" Karma calls out from across the street, pulling me out of my weird thoughts, "Ready to walk home together?"

"Yeah." I reply with a smile.

Well, here we go. Let this tale commence with an overly cliché intro and and overly used theme. I think?

Yeah... I'm not good with words.