Chapter Fifty

It's been four months since I last saw Chad. It sucked that I was right. My fears has become a reality. Even though I'd told Chad about my fears, and how he practically promised it wouldn't happen, it happened.

I missed him. I still love him. But apparently we weren't meant to last. My heart ached whenever I thought of him. I just wanted things to go back to the way they were. The way he told me he loved me, the way he always called me princess, the way we were back when we first started dating.

My parents and siblings tried cheering me up, especially Kyle. He's such a sweetheart, much like Ryan. But, I was stuck in a funk. A bad one. I wouldn't even get out of bed some days. It's been four months, and I'm still not over it. How could I? I'm still in love with him.

I wanted to text him, call him, see him. But I didn't want to see him with the girl that claimed I stole him from her. The one who still has his heart. What was worse was that he loved not far away. Hence why I haven't left the house.

"Riley, you've got to get out of bed," Ryan comes in my room telling me. I shared a room with Sophie, but she spent a lot of the time in Kai and Kyle's room which was originally the guest room.

"I'm sad," I tell him, and I felt the bed dip down.

"I know it must hurt but-"

"He's my first love, and he promised he wouldn't leave me and that he didn't love that girl..but he lied. He promised we would get married, but that was broken too," I explain, and I feel the tears prick at my eyes.

"What if he still loves you?"

"Don't give me false hope," I say, my voice slightly raised. I didn't want false hope.

"I'm not, I'm just saying that I've been speaking to him and-"

"You've been what? Ryan, why?"

"Because as much as he pissed me off all that while back, I did like you guys as a couple. You were happy with him, and I love seeing you happy. I just feel like you guys can't end there, not at all. He may say he loves that girl, but I don't think he does. I think he's confused. You say that girl popped up out of nowhere and obviously that's going to stir up some feelings. Look, I just think you should talk to him, okay?" I looked at Ryan and sighed. I then shook my head and buried my face back down in my pillow. "Riley," he whined. "Please?"

"I don't think I can," my voice came out muffled. He sighed and I felt him get up. I heard the door shut and then some whispering going on. All I heard was Ryan telling my parents that I wasn't budging. The door then opened and I looked up, my dad coming in.

"Sweetheart," he began, "there will be other guys." But I don't want other guys, I want Chad. "You've got to get up. If you're going to be like this, you're showing him that he's winning. You've got to be a winner yourself, okay? You can't mope around all the time. How else will you move on?"

I stayed silent for a but before speaking up, "You're not helping. I don't want to move on," I groaned out.

"At least get out of bed, join us for lunch. Come on, Kai, Kyle and Sophie are also worried about you. They want their sister to be back to normal," he says, and I groan again. I finally sit up, my hair probably a mess.

"I'll shower first," I tell him and actually get out of bed. I saw dad crack a smile and he pulled me into a hug.

He then pushed me back a bit, "Yeah, you really need one."