Chapter Twenty Nine

After Ryan dropped us back on campus on Sunday night, I'd visited Steph to first see how she was doing as well as Brandon but also to see if she had heard anything from Chad. Sadly, she hadn't. I even went around asking Paisley and Kenneth but nope, they didn't know where he was either.

I'd gone back to my room after an unsuccessful search. When I opened the door, I was shocked to find Chad lying there on my bed looking like a zombie and very worn out. "Chad?" I call out, making him sit up. "You look awful," I tell him.

"Thanks, princess," he says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"I didn't mean it like that it's just, you look so worn out and tired and..what happened?" I ask, getting curious as to why he looked the way he did and why he suddenly ran off with no word.

"I had an emergency, with Jay. The rehab centre texted me, since I wasn't answering my phone, and told me he had a breakdown. It was quite bad when I got there. Sorry I never said goodbye or explained, I just had my brother on my mind and all."

"It's fine, don't worry. How is he now?"

"He's okay. I just stayed with him the entire time, which helped to calm him down. I think it was because he had been so reliant on drugs and he's obviously still having those withdrawal symptoms. Also, there's the fact he's very lonely there too. I mean, he likes to keep to himself so he's not got a lot of friends there since he stays in his room by himself. Mum doesn't visit him, and obviously dad isn't here to. Like I said, I'm his only family," he says. He pats the space next to him and I walk over and sit beside it. "How's things been with you?" Even though it seemed like an innocent question, I knew the reason behind it. I knew he was talking about the Tyson debacle.

"Good, things have been good. Had to cancel on your mum though because I had this family thing. My parents decided they were going to adopt a kid, which I think is pretty awesome."

"Nice, sounds pretty cool." I hummed in agreement and we sat in silence for a little. After moments in silence, Chad breaks it. "I got a question for you," he says, looking at me nervously. Nervous, why?

"Uh, go on?"

"Will-" Unfortunately, we were interrupted by the knocking on the door. I quickly go get it and Parker barges in.

"Oh," he mutters as he spots Chad sitting on my bed. "I, uh, didn't realise you had company." He glares at Chad and Chad glares back at him. "So, what are you doing with my girlfriend? In her room?" Uh, say what now? Before I even had a chance to reply, Chad stood up and stormed out the room without a word. Déjà vu. I scowl at a smirking Parker. "Well that worked," he laughs out.

"Parker! What the hell? I am not your girlfriend."

"I know, but maybe if I asked you actually will be." Uh.. "I mean, I really like you so might as well scare other guys off. Besides, he's clearly just in it for the sex. So why not have an actual guy who wants to be with you for you rather than someone who just wants sex?"

"Chad doesn't want sex from me," I explain. I was about to continue when Parker burst into laughter.

"You're as oblivious as you were when you didn't realise that the girl I was talking about was you. I know you can't see it, but I can. He's a bad boy, a player. He wants sex from you. I mean, what else does he want? You? Look, this is coming from an ex-player," ex-player? As if, "and I know what his type is like."

"How do I know that you aren't just wanting me for sex?"

"Because, we've been friends for a while. You can trust me more than him. I'll admit, the sex was good but that's not the reason I want to be with you." Has he gone loopy or what? "So, will you be my girlfriend?" I stare at him, mouth agape. I expected it, but then again I didn't expect it.