Chapter Thirty One

"I'm coming for you, Riley. Just you wait."

I woke up instantly, looking around the room in a panic. Chad was asleep, with a little bit of drool coming out the side of his mouth. I giggled a bit before remembering why I was suddenly up. There was no way that was Chad and besides, I recognised that voice.

Tyson.

But it was just a dream, a figment of my imagination. There's no way he's actually coming from me, he's in prison. Dreams and nightmares, they're just a figment of your imagination and what you're scared of. Obviously, I'm scared of Tyson. So my stupid brain is creating silly scenarios that won't happen. Great, thanks brain.

"Riley?" I turn beside me and Chad was semi awake. He had one eye open and had by now wiped his face. I just laughed again, thinking of how funny he looked with the drool. "What?"

"You drooled," I giggle childishly.

"Shut up," he mutters, closing his eye. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just..had a bad dream, that's all."

"Sure you're okay?"

"Mhmm," I hum. I lay back down and he pulls me towards him. "Don't drool on me," I warn, and he chuckles.

"Can't promise anything."

"Ew, I don't want drool on me."

"Deal with it, princess. All part of the package."

"Do you drool all the time then?" I ask, kind of hoping he doesn't. I don't want drool on me, ew.

"No, baby. I don't, it's like a one off. You know when you're so damn tired and sometimes drool? Now shh, go back to sleep. Need all the energy I can so I can-"

"Don't."

"You don't even know what I was going to say!"

"Something dirty," I reply with, closing my eyes. "Like stamina for sex or something," I mutter, slowly drifting off into sleep. Well, that was fast.

"Need all the energy so I can take you on a date," I hear him say. Before I could reply, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, Chad wasn't in the room. I shrugged it off, figuring he was probably showering or something. I got out of the bed and wandered downstairs, making my way to the kitchen. I'm sure he won't mind. I searched for a glass and poured myself some water. While I was drinking it, I was looking outside the kitchen window. Damn, such a beautiful day. I was swallowing some of the water when I felt someone, probably Chad, poke my sides which made me squeal and choke on the water. "Chad, you ass!" I exclaim, turning around and slapping his arm.

"I didn't realise, sorry!" He didn't look sorry one bit. Ass. "So uh, I think you fell asleep after I told you we're going on a date.. So, just making sure but you wanna go on a date with me?"

"Vaguely remember that, but obviously. Where are we going?"

"Well, I thought we would have some fun. I mean, not that kind of fun but you know. Laser Quest? Sounds like a...blast," he starts chuckling at his own pun, and I just stare at my very childish boyfriend. "Oh," he says, stopping his laughter. "Um, so yeah. How about it? Unless you want the cheesy dinner or movies or something then-"

"No, no. Laser Quest sounds awesome."

"Good, now if you want you can go back or something or we could hang here for a bit and paint? I dunno if my mum is expecting it to be done by the time she gets back or what, but I could always work on it if you want. My classes are cancelled the whole week, and I know you have some to go to." He asks, stretching.