Chapter Eleven

It was a few hours before Brandon finally woke up. It was great since he hasn't woken up with any amnesia, which the doctor thought he may have. Brandon's parents were with him, and his mum was crying. She was either crying because of his injuries, or the fact she was just so happy he was okay. Either way, she was balling her eyes out.

Chad took me back to the university on his motorcycle, which again was really fun. He even walked me back to my room, which was pretty shocking to me. "Your stuff that you had in Paisley's room is in your room now."

"Thanks," I mutter. Then I realised something, "Hang on, how'd you even get in my room? I locked it before I left and hung out with Paisley."

"I have my ways, Riley." He gave me a smirk, "I can pick locks, you know?" Obviously. "Anyway, I'll catch you later, princess."

"Yeah.. See you." I don't know whether or not I was shocked that he could pick locks, but I was slightly worried about the fact he intruded in my room. He better not have taken anything. I push open the door and collapse on my bed. I open my laptop and log onto Skype.

"Riley! What's up?"

"Hey Ryan, thing I'd let you know that uh..Steph and Brandon got into an accident."

"An accident? Like peeing their pants or-" I slap my forehead and laugh.

"No, Ryan. I meant a car accident. They're okay, though. Broke a few things."

"Damn, how'd that even happen? Crap, man. I'll come down and see them, just text me the address for the hospital, yeah?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Look, I gotta go. Mum's calling me down for dinner." We said a quick goodbye and I closed my laptop. I decided to go down to the campus cafe to get something to eat. Damn, I'm really hungry. I ordered a steak bake which was absolutely delicious, and really hot. Sometimes the food is cold, which then it doesn't taste too good. But, when it's hot? Damn, it's great.

"Riley! On my God, I heard about Brandon and Stephanie. Are they okay?!" Kenneth asked, sitting down opposite me. Marie and Claire sat down as well.

I look to them both and smile, "They're fine. They've got a few broken bones and all, but they're great." They all breath a sigh of relief.

"So, none of them will die?"

"Or have amnesia?"

"Or die?!"

I shake my head and smile, "They're going to be fine. Don't worry guys."

Kenneth jumped up, and pulled me up too. He brought me into a hug and...started laughing? "I was literally so worried! I was even scared to go see him when I heard! I mean, what if he didn't remember me? His own best friend? Or what if I couldn't bare to see him like that? WE HAVE-"

"Kenny! Lower your voice. It's already quiet in here.."

"Sorry.. I was just going to say we've been best friends for like..years and years and years and holy crap I don't even know how long it's been!"

"Okay, Kenny.. Calm down a little. I think you're just overwhelmed a little," I tell him, patting his back. We both sit down again and he just starts rambling on while Marie and Claire look at me making those "he's crazy" signs. I shake my head and roll my eyes. "Alright, Kenny. I think we ought to get you to bed, don't you think?"

"But I'm not tired! I'm so worked up now. I need to see Brandon, make sure he's okay. I mean, he's my best friend.. He's like my brother. We're practically brothers, guys." I stand up and somehow manage to pull him up. I quickly pack my food up and turn to girls.

"We'll see you later, guys." Marie and Claire wave us off and I start to push Kenneth in the direction of the exit. "Right, I think you just need some sleep. Okay? I'll come with you tomorrow to go see him. He'll be absolutely fine, alright?"

He looks to me, "Are you sure? I mean, what if he develops some sort of brain damage or-"

"He won't, he's fine. Don't worry, okay?" I knock on the room door, hoping that Paisley wasn't asleep. My prayers were answered when she opened the door.

"Is everything okay? Is he drunk? Are you okay?" I nod my head and push Kenneth in the room.

"He's just really upset, but we're all good. He just needs to sleep." I sit Kenneth down on his bed. Damn, I feel like I'm his mum. He takes off his shoes and starts undressing while I turn to Paisley. "Sorry I had to run out on you."

"It's fine, don't worry! It was awesome hanging out with you, though." I tell her it was great hanging out with her too and I told her she should join me and my friends and hang out with us. I mean, she's a lovely girl. I'm sure they'd love her. She's so sweet, too! I turn around and Kenneth was already lying down in his bed all tucked up.

"Goodnight, Riley."

"Goodnight, Kenny." I smile and turn to Paisley. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah." Before I left, I heard Kenneth say goodnight to her. I could tell from the tone in her voice that she was beyond shocked. I'm guessing they seriously barely ever spoke..

After leaving their room, I head back to mine. As I walk in, I scream and jump. "What are you doing here?!"

"Relax, Riley. I'm just..hiding."

"Crap, what did you do? You better not bring trouble to here, seriously."

"I am simply hiding from someone, everything is okay. Just..close the damn door." I turn around and shut the door. I walk towards him and pull him up from my bed. "Gentle, princess."

"Shut up. You can't stay here, I'm going to bed. And hang on, did you pick the lock again?" I ask, glaring at him. He smirks at me and looks away. "Chad!" I mean it was obvious, how else would he have gotten in?

"Well, how about I just join you? Hm?" He wriggles his eyebrows and winks at me. I roll my eyes at him and tell him to stand outside while I change. "Oh come on, I've seen many girls undressed. Don't be afraid."

"Shut up, get out."

"Fine, I'll get out while you change. But I'm coming back in." Before I got the chance to tell him no, he walks out shutting the door behind him. I quickly get changed, not wanting him to walk in when I'm half naked. As soon as I finish, I quickly jump into bed. A few minutes later, Chad walks in and shuts the door behind him. "Well, don't you look comfy?"

"Shh, I'm going to sleep. You better not be here in the morning."

"No promises."