Thirty Four: Fly, Angel, Fly.

Terra :.:

Terra watched as Tyler shot Eli. Her voice was lost, as her breathing. It's impossible to come up with the right words, right explanation to describe what had happened, what she had saw. It would take years of counseling to get over it. And as Terra looked her therapist in the eyes she spoke softly,

"I have nothing to say" The therapist nodded allowing Terra to leave, which she did gratefully. After getting picked up Terra had her mom bring her to the same place she had been going for three months now. 

The hospital. 

"How is Eli doing?" Her mother asked, trying not to scare her off. Terra hated how fragile her mother thought of her. "He is still in a coma, not much has changed" Her words were empty, there was no emotion, no facial expressions when she talked, Terra has masked everything.

After all, she had plenty of practice with hiding her emotions when she dated Tyler. Sighing Terra had a flash back of the night. 

The cops pulled up as Terra ran to Eli's side, he collapsed in her arms, they both fell to the ground. The cops ordered Tyler to put the gun down, he refused. When he walked towards the police officers they all shot him, dead.

At this point Terra had her attention to Eli, who trembled beneath her arms. "You cna't leave me, an ambulance is on the way, hang in there Eli" Terra began to tremble herself, she could barely hold herself together she watched him get shot, and she watched him collapse.

"Princess... I'm so happy to see you.. You can live in peace now, I conquered your demons" Eli could barely smile, his cold hands held her face closer, pulling her in. He kissed her lips softly as the rain poured down them, it would have been a beautiful moment, if he hadn't been shot..

"Don't talk like you're going to leave me, you're so stubborn. I told you to wait, why didn't you wait?!" Terra was in hysteria, as she gripped onto Eli with her hands shaking, the wind blew the pouring rain, making it so cold. 

"Princess, I had to do it my way. I told you that it was my fight now, not yours" Terra began to sob, Eli held her face, just hovering above his own. "I love you, I always have." After the words left his mouth, Eli's hand fell limp. A knot in Terra's stomach made it hard for her to breathe.

"Eli... Eli... Wake up... Eli!"

"Mam' we need you to move, stay clear" A medic screamed at Terra to move, she barely did before a female cop pulled her away. "Eli!" Terra screamed at the top of her lungs collapsing in the cops arms. "Please, save him" The cop held Terra to her, Calming her. "They are doing every thing they can, come on lets follow them to the hospital.

When they reached the hospital, the medics raced with Eli on the stretcher to the opperating room. "Please..." Terra cried as she raced beside the medics. "Mam' step back" Terra refused as she ran faster she could hear all the different shouts, it was hard to decipher.

"He needs oxygen!"

"What's his pulse, heartbeat?!"

"We need to hurry if he goes into shock he can go into a coma!"

Finally the medics went beyond doors that Terra could and she leaned against a near by wall. Her mother finally coming to her aid. "I got here as fast as I could, What the hell happened, the cops could barely come up with words?!" 

Terra hugged her mom, more securely than ever before. "Tyler is dead.. they shot him.. after he shot Eli.. Mom... Eli!" Terra began to sob in her mothers arms. Her mother pulled her to a waiting room where they waited for five hours. 

Within that time, Eli's mother and father had shown up. They blamed Terra for everything, and refused to speak to her, they only told her of his condition when the doctor came in and told her that her son was in a coma, and that there was nothing else they could do.

Terra wiped away her tears as her mom parked the car at the hospital. "Everything will wor itself out, give it time" Terra rolled her eyes and stepped out of the car before slamming the door she snapped at her mother. "How much fucking time, it's been three months!"

216, was Eli's room number. He was on an oxygen tank, he lay in bed peacefully. Terra hopped in the bed and cuddled up to his motionless body, only the sound of the machine, she reached for his hand and placed it in hers, warming it up some.

"I miss you, I barely got the chance to have you.. You can't leave yet" Crying softly she nestled her head into his chest and fell asleep.

A loud beeping sound and the voices of nurses woke Terra from her slumber. She was pulled from the bed as the doctors swarmed around Eli. "What's happening?"

Terra's mom took her from the room. "His heart stopped, they are doing everything they can" Terra felt herself getting weak, she walked to the bathroom and washed her face. Looking in the mirror she cried her eyes out. 

Twenty minute to a half hour later, the doctor walked up to Terra. "We stabilized him, but it doesn't look to good.. the only way he can make it now is if he pulls through himself, there is not much else we can do.."

The words broke Terra's heart, they were the last thing she wanted to hear.

Days later Terra came for another visit, she had no idea what this day had in store for her. She trekked through the familiar walls to his room, everything felt different today. Lighter, brighter, the atmosphere was upbringing.

"Eli, I miss you still" Terra's words were soft as she kissed his cheek softly, she decided to sit in a chair today, not ready to lay with him again in fear of what happened last time.

"I can't believe this is still the same, four months ago... You were with me, safe.. before the shooting, the fight.. you should have listened to me"

"I love you, Eli... I do" Terra pulled her knees up crying into them.

A soft noise was heard but Terra ignored it at first. Until more noises were heard. A soft hand touched Terra, making her jump form her chair. Eli's eyes were open, staring at her with such an intensity.

She had no words, she thought it was a dream, Terra stood there in fright until Eli coughed. "Oh don't try to talk, you have a tube in your throat, hold on I will get a nurse"

Leaving the room Terra grabbed the first nurse she saw. "He's awake" The words felt foreign like she would have never expected to say them. 

The nurse left, proceeding to call the doctor to Eli's room.

"What next?" Terra asked herself, still in disbelief.