Seventeen: Advice is never useful, I still walk the line held with my regrets.

Chapter Seventeen: Advice is never useful, And I still walk the line held tight with my regrets.

Eli :.:

"Great" Eli responded looking intently at his bed spread. He didn't want anyone to know the truth about his parent's. The only reason Josie did was because she gre up with him and his family. Eli sighed long and hard, not quite sure what to say until Terra soke first. He dropped his stare and lifted his eyes to fixsate on hers.

"Umm, she was interesting.. She just kind of ignored me, although I feel badly for intruding like this" Eli took note of Terra's eyes that flinched with something. He wasn't sure what emotion it was. "Yeah well, my parents aren't the kind that I would bring in public with me" Terra nodded, Eli guessed; in understandment. "I'm sorry" She suddenly spoke towrds him. "I should go now" Just as Terra stood up to leave Eli grabbed her wrist.

"Why don't you hang for a while?" He asked her, afterall it was only Sunday and they had the whole day to get to know each other. "Are you sure it's okay?" She asked hesitantly. Eli smirked, "Not unless, you don't want to" Terra stood silent for a moment before taking the seat on the bed next to Eli. blushing furiously, Eli noticed that he was still holding Terra's hand; clearing his throat he let go.

"How long have you known Tyler?" Eli asked Terra, he needed to grill her of all information she held. "About a year" Terra asked then looked down. Eli was shocked most guys would be nice for longer before turning into the abuser they truly were. "Wow"Eli commented and nodded. "I'm proud of myself for one thing, though" Terra spoke shyly, Eli wanted her to be comfortable. "Yeah, what's that?" He asked casually.

"I never gave him my virginity" Terra smiled to herself and Eli finally noticed a small ring on her finger, taking it into his hands he examined the hand that held the ring. "Ah, I understand" Eli smiled at Terra. He didn't have a promise ring, but he would never judge her for hers. Eli took a breathe. "Let's get to know eachother better" Terra looked up at him an smiled, "I would like that"

"Well I'm Eli, and this is my room" Terra started to giggle at Eli's attempts of a joke. He smiled warmly at her and decided to ask questions. "You live with your parents?" Terra shifted uncomfortably. "My mom, actually I have never met my dad" She smiled at Eli, and he could tell it was strained that time. "I'm sorry" He apologized. "No big deal, Can't miss what I never had right?" She smiled this time and Eli hugged her with one arm.

"Well, I live with my parents, who want a divorce. And one drinks all day and night while the other just gambles and breaks things" Eli clenched his fists and Terra leaned against him, his arm still around her. "Yeah, my mom works all the time she's never home. She adored Tyler until this morning; she witnessed him throw me into my book shelf" Terra just looked up at Eli, no emotion in her eyes.

"Wow, are you okay?" Eli felt genuinely cocerned for Terra's well being. "Yeah, I'm okay. She made him leave, so it helped" Terra glided her hand along Eli's just tracing over his palms. When she reached his wrist she noticed his scars. "Eli" She said softly examining them. "Are these self inflicted?" She asked looking into his eyes. Eli met hers and his face calmed, as his eyes melted into hers. He adored her eyes. "No" Eli looked down at his scars. "I can't tell you what they are from, at leadt not yet" Terra nodded, not wanting to press Eli for info.

There was a knock at Eli's door suddenly, before it opened. The scene before his mother allowed her to glare at Terra. "Your guest has been here long enough" Terra looked down moving away from Eli. "Mother, she is staying, it's only been an hour" Eli snapped glaring at his mother. He looked at Terra who looked scared beond belief. He didn't want her to see anything bad. "Well then, fine but she doesn't stay later than nine tonight, you ahve school in the morning" Terra looked up at his mother who made a disapproving looked but left the room without a fight.