Ten: I'll never be good enough. You make me want to die.

Chapter Ten: I'll never be good enough. You make me want to die.

Terra :.:

Terra was sweating bullets as she prepared herself for the beating she was going to take after school. She slipped her bag into her locker, she knew she wouldn’t have time to do homework so she figured why not leave it?

Tyler came up behind her and whispered into her ear. “Terr-Bear, let’s go have fun” Terra shivered uncomfortably and turned to him. Tyler noticed students walking towards them, one being Madison. “Hi Tyler” The blonde cheerleader shouted excitedly. This pissed Terra off; they acted like she wasn’t even there.

Tyler looked into Terra’s eyes and she leaned up to kiss him, knowing that’s what he wanted. “Say it” He smirked at her. She glared at the floor. Tyler gripped her arm painfully. “Say it” He whispered once again. “I love you” Terra whispered defeated. “Good girl” Tyler cooed as he kissed Terra once again.

Terra suddenly felt sick to her stomach, she wanted to runaway and never see Tyler again. Madison glared at Terra after hearing the three words she spoke to Tyler. Terra rolled her eyes and slammed her locker shut. She took a deep breath before Tyler yanked her by her arm.

She yelped in surprise and quivered in fear. Once outside she got into Tyler’s car being sure not to make him any angrier than he was. It was a quiet drive to Terra’s house and she dare not complain, but at least if he were talking she would feel a little better, the silent treatment scared her more.

Once inside their house, Terra slipped her shoes off. And she sat on the couch. Tyler stood and just watched her intently. “Can I get you something, Ty?” Terra asked trying to sweeten him up in order not to get hit. Her only other option not to get hit was if she slept with him, but she wasn’t going to. She valued her virginity.

“No, Terr-Bear. I’m set” Terra watched as Tyler came and sat beside her. He held her hands in his and softly caressed them. Terra looked into his eyes and he held her gaze. She noticed that Tyler’s eyes were dark like Eli’s but Eli’s actually held a kindness that she was yearning to find out about.

“Terr-Bear, your eyes are so pretty” Tyler whispered before leaning in and capturing Terra’s lips with his own. Terra kissed back, not because she wanted to but if she participated then there was a good chance that she wouldn’t suffer from Tyler’s wrath.

The kissing got a little more passionate as Tyler slid his tongue into Terra’s mouth, something she wasn’t fond of. At that point Terra cut off the kiss and when Tyler glared at her she immediately regretted it. “Ty, you know how I feel” Terra pleaded.

“You’re right, I do” He smiled before slapping her across the face, she almost fell off the couch but he studied her. “I think you have me confused with someone else, Terr-bear” Tyler slapped her again, and again. At this point Terra was crying wishing he would leave.

“Ty please, what are you talking about?” She cried. Tyler glared at her. “You really think I’m stupid don’t you?!” He yelled into her face, Terra flinched. God help me. “Don’t you!” Tyler yelled once more. Terra shook her head and fresh tears rolled down her cheeks. “No” She whispered, she felt pitiful.

“Well then why the fuck do you keep going after that guy? What does he do for you? Are you sleeping with him instead?!” Tyler was seething from the seams he grabbed a vase of flowers and smashed it against Terra’s wall. “Ty please!” Terra screamed.

Tyler grabbed her and threw her onto the the floor. He kicked her into the stomach three times then proceeded in glaring at her. “I’m not interesting in him, I didn’t go after him!” Terra screamed out of pain. “Liar!” He screamed back and grabbed a piece of the broken glass; Terra got off her feet and ran up the stairs.

Tyler grabbed her legs and pulled her down, her back slamming into them, and scraping against all of it.That’s going to leave a bruise. She thought, Tyler grabbed Terra’s wrist and held it upward while taking the shard of glass and slicing it deep. Terra screamed and Tyler punched her. “Please. Stop. Please” Terra sobbed holding her bleeding wrist; it leaked blood down her hand and all over the stairs. “Please” she cried curling in a ball and crying everything she had in her out. It was quiet for five minutes, only the sound of Terra’s heavy crying could be heard.

Tyler sighed loudly. “You make me do this Terr-bear” He said annoyed and threw the shard of glass tot eh floor. “How the fuck do I do that?” she roared through her tears. This time she bowed her head and expected a blow to the face but she didn’t get one. Instead Tyler picked her up bridal style while she cried and brought her outside and to his car.

Terra was confused beyond belief and as Tyler started his car she found herself asking him: “What are you going to do?” Tears escaped her eyes as Tyler looked at her. “you need stitches, then I’m dropping you off home and going over to Madison’s to get my mind of things” Terra’s heart dropped. She hates the hospital.

At least I’m alive.