Chapter Thirty-Two: What if I give up?

Terra :.:

It was the day of the fight. At least the fight was originally supposed to be tonight, Terra brushed her fingers through her hair as she stepped out of her shower getting ready for school. It was a Friday morning, tonight luckily, everything would go back to normal. The fight wouldn't be occurring, and the police would be arresting Tyler.

Terra slipped into some white skinny jeans, after putting a black tank top on she slipped an over the shoulder, loose gray sweater on, and then her converse. After grabbing her bag and keys she began her walk to school. The weather was cold, but Terra didn't mind. She used to love it, when she would cry outside, her tears would freeze almost instantly, making it almost impossible to cry. Her body would become numb form the cold, allowing her not to feel.

Terra reached the school after fifteen minutes, walking to her locker didn't take long at all. Eli rounded the corner, he stopped at Terra's locker. "Hey" She smiled warmly at him. Embracing him in a hug, then placing a gentle kiss on his lips, Terra suddenly froze.

"What's wrong?" Eli aske dher concern easily found in his voice. Terra nodded towards the open hallway and as Eli turned with her, he noticed Tyler walking down the halls. Tyler smirked darkly at Eli, then winked at him. His friends followed in suit. 

"Don't worry my Princess, he will never touch you again. It will all be over after tonight" Terra wasn't quite sure what Eli meant by what he said, she hoped he wasn't planning anything stupid. "It will be all over tonight, I cannot wait until he is in custody" Terra words were careful as she studied Eli's face, only he was impassive, she couldn't see anything. 

><><><><><><><><><><><><

"Are you okay, Eli?" Terra asked one they sat down for lunch in the cafeteria, Whitney, and Josie joined them at a small circular table. "Yeah, Terr, I'm fine" Terra flinched at the name, it reminded her too much of Terr-Bear, she hated it. Suddenly feeling sick in the stomach, Terra couldn't get rid of the uneasiness feeling in her stomach.

Whitney looked at Terra oddly. "I don't know" Terra said quietly looking at Eli, who seemed to be in another world. His thoughts were very far from the lunch room, far from Terra. "Eli?!" "Eli?!" After the second time, Eli looked at Whitney. "What?" Terra noticed how Eli snapped at Whitney. "Are you okay?" Eli suddenly stood from the table. "I'm freaking fine, why the hell does everyone keep asking me that?!" Terra grabbed Eli's hand he looked down at her cautiously before pulling her hand off and walking away.

"What the hell?" Whitney asked. "Maybe it's because of the fight tonight?" Josie suddenly said, not breaking a sweat. "There is not going to be a fight" Terra said firmly. "They are arresting Tyler tonight" She continued. Whitney and Josie exchanged looks before looking to Terra. "What?" She asked hesitantly. "Are you sure there isn't going to be a fight, by the way he is acting, seems as if a fight will happen" Josie explained.

 "I.. don't know" Terra said honestly. Just as the bell for lunch ending rang. Terra sighed deeply going to her next class. The day went by in a blur from then on.

Terra couldn't concentrate in any of her classes. What if her friends were right? But then again, Eli should have told Terra about a fight if one was still bound to happen. The confusion settled itself in, as Terra left the school grounds on her way home. 

The original fight was supposed to be around seven, it would be dark by then, and no cops would be there, except the ones that were supposed to arrest Tyler. But Terra couldn't help to feel she was being deceived by Eli, the way he acted. 

It was almost 4 when Terra got home. She took a while to do her homework, he mom had to work tonight and wouldn't be back until the morning, which meant Terra was alone until then, atleast she wan't supposed to be. Eli told Terra he would be spending the night with her since the fight was no longer going to happen.

When six approached Terra began to get nervous, A knock on her front door sent her running down the stairs to answer it. "Eli!" Terra yelled excitedly and half worriedly. "Terra, let's talk"

Terra had a facial expression of utter confusion. She wasn't sure what Eli wanted to talk about. Perhaps it was about the way he acted at school, or the reason he took so long to get to her house tonight. What was going to happen tonight?

"Eli, what's going on, you're starting to scare me?" Terra eyes began to fill with tears. Eli sat her down on the couch, his hands in hers. His eyes were steady and calm. His heart beat was the opposite though.

"Terra, I promised you form day one that I would protect you from everything, I told you I would make sure he never hurt you again. But he managed to hurt you over and over. Tonight was supposed to be the night I made him pay, it was going to be the night that I let you live your life of freedom, away from him, forever. Princess, I adore you. And I've fallen so hard for you over these past couple of months, you're the most amazing person I've met and despite everything, I will never give up on you"

Eli's words made Terra cry, as he wiped her tears away she held on to hm tightly. "Eli, No, you're not supposed to fight, you told me we would do it my way, my decision. Please..." Her sobs got louder as she continued, her words were lost.

"Princess, I have to do this. Please don't hate me,  shh it will all be over soon. I'm right here" Eli cradled her in his arms, Terra lay with him for a long time before she began to drift off, his words were continuous, and repetitive. "You're safe, Princess"

><><><><><><><><><><

An hour or so later, Terra woke up softly. She was in her bed, sitting up quickly she realized Eli wans't in the room.

"Eli?!"

Before Terra left her bedroom to search for him she noticed a single red rose, a note attached to it.

"I'm sorry,

I had to do this, for you,

Stay safe Princess

-Eli"

The tears fell down Terra's cheeks and onto the paper, soaking it.