Four: The view from his eyes.

Chapter Four: The view from his eyes.

Eli :.:

Eli was in his forensics class, thinking about his encounter with Terra. Her waist was so petite and tiny, just like her. She was warm though, Eli recalled the day before when he first met Terra in the hall. He thought it was odd how he hadn’t seen her at all after that. She must have skipped or something. As the bell rang, signaling that first period was over Eli walked out of the class room, and into the halls where students were shuffling around.

Eli walked to his locker gathering his belongings when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned at first confused but then smiled at the familiar blonde headed friend. “Hi, Josie” Eli gained a hug from her. “How are you doing, Eli?” She asked softly, smiling politely at him. “Good and you?” He asked the question back. “Eh, my friend is home sick today so I’m lonely” Eli took in Josie’s disappointed look.

“Who’s your friend?” Eli couldn’t help but to be nosey. He was also trying to keep up a conversation with Josie. Eli and Josie met in the fifth grade. Their parents were best friends until a recent fall out, But Eli and Josie were like siblings towards each other. He watched out for her and she was always checking on him to make sure he was safe.

“Oh just this girl named Terra” Josie smiled and Eli froze. What is the same beautiful girl from yesterday? Eli was itching to find out the truth so he decided to ask. “Does she have black hair, and a jerk off as a boyfriend?” Josie was taken aback by Eli’s statement then she giggled. “Yeah he is a jerk off, and yes that’s her” Eli nodded. “Why do you ask?” Josie watched Eli with curious eyes.

“She ran into me yesterday in the hall, she was running late. Her boyfriend caught us talking and freaked out grabbing her arm and dragging her to their next class” Eli then explained when he had told Terra his name and how he hadn’t seen her later that day and not this morning. “Oh boy, I have to go check on her” Josie was suddenly tense her voice laced with worry. “Why?” Eli asked cautiously.

“I can’t tell you, it’s too dangerous” Josie ran down the halls and out the set of doors leading to the school’s parking lot. Eli shrugged and walked off to his next class. He couldn’t pay attention in any of his classes. All he could think about was Josie’s reaction to Terra not being in school. Had something bad happened to her? Eli thought curiously. He shook his head. It wasn’t his business.

But all he could picture in the back of his mind were those bright blue eyes penetrating his. Eli sauntered around to all of his classes until the final bell rang. Eli rushed to his locker and grabbed his homework, for someone who fought outside and inside school he kept his grades up. Once he was securely out the doors of the school, Eli blasted his IPod and began his walk home.

As Eli neared his front steps he heard screaming. He paused his IPod and walked inside the house. His father stood at the door screaming at his mother. “It’s your entire fault that this marriage sucks!” Then it was his mother’s turn. “No it’s not! You’re the one who cheated on me!” The both froze as they saw Eli. “Were sorry” His father apologized half heartedly. Eli shook his head.

“Whatever” Were Eli’s last words to them before he slammed his bedroom door shut and locked it. He placed his back pack on his bed and unloaded his homework. He blasted his IPod and immediately worked on his homework. Once finished, Eli decided it was time to get ready for the fights at the warehouse. He slipped his converse on and walked out of the room.

His parents were nowhere in sight more than likely one was locked away while the other left to go on a drinking binge. Eli narrowed his eyes, he hated the way his parents became. They were once loving and involved parents, once Eli hit middle school his father started working extra hours and was never home. His mother grew paranoid until she discovered Eli’s father was a cheater.

Eli’s mother went downhill from there, never socializing with anyone anymore. Always hides away and never speaks to Eli. Just spends all of her time yelling at his father and wishing she were dead. Eli didn’t understand the issue with wanting to die. He felt like it was weakness, suicide was weakness. It’s the poor man’s way out. Rather than facing your problems, he felt his mother was a coward.

Eli got to the warehouse within a half hour. He smirked as he reached the doors and the crowd went wild. They didn’t care about anyone, they just paid to watch a good fight. He stepped into the poorly made ring and watched as his opponent, Josh entered as well. “You ready?” Josh smirked towards Eli, getting him riled up. Little did anyone know that Eli was extremely good at hiding his emotions, not one person in the room could tell what was going through his head.

“One, Two, Fight!” The announcer called. Josh threw the first punch and Eli dodged it like nothing. Eli striked Josh in the face three times, before he continued to Josh’s stomach and chest. Within five minutes Josh was covered in blood and healing over his knees. “Still confident on beating me?” Eli asked smirking at Josh as Josh glared back.

“Yes” Josh growled jumping up and running towards Eli. With on swift kick form Eli, Josh landed on the ground and didn’t get up. “And the winner is Eli!” The announcer spoke before handing Eli five hundred dollars. This was the typical prize. Eli’s parents weren’t rich but they weren’t poor either. But Eli kept the money to himself, saving for college. Unlike most teens his age who would get a summer job.

Fighting was Eli’s escape and it paid well. As he got ready to leave the fights he thought about the girl that he had recently met, He wondered what she was up to.