10. Lies

- Y / n's P.O.V -
Later that day, I got a text from Peter.

Hey, not gonna be at school tomorrow...

Why :''(

I texted back

I don't feel so good....

Oh, hope you get better :)))))))

Peter somehow just got sick, weird. But what if he found out I have feelings for him, and he doesn't want to see me at school.

"Stop exaggerating, y / n " I say to myself. I decided to take a shower to stop thinking about this situation.

It was soothing and relaxing, but then I thought of school tomorrow. Just got me stressed. Hey, but I have Harry?

I haven't really introduced Harry that much, so I am now. Harry has always been that handsome guy that has girls drooling for him every second. He's pretty smart, but at same time he doesn't care. Harry is also known for the richest kid in Midtown high school. The best thing about him is that he isn't a jerk, he's a gentlemen. He's always been loyal, and kind. I'm grateful to have him as a friend.

Now that we're talking about Harry, let's talk about Peter. Peter has always been that dorky kid that gets good grades. Let's say he is adorkable...and cute.... He's always been a gentlemen and obedient. He can always make you smile, and laugh. And he's just so....lovable.

Now I am that one girl who is in love with her best friend.

I got out of shower and changed into my pj's. Then I heard a knock at the door. Who could it be?

I opened it.

"Hey, niece. Been a long time.... Nice pajamas" my uncle Clint spoke.

I looked down at my wardrobe, duckie pajamas. Uncle Clint has always been my favorite uncle. When I was 5, I used to play that I was a archer with him. He taught me all about the bow, but later I lost my interest in arching.

"Uncle Clint!!!!" I smiled hugging him, "Come in".

"Sorry I can't, but I need to tell you something" he stated, "Things are kinda getting crazy, you know with sokovia and that new manic out bombing places... just want you to be safe. You're parents told to come check on you, and because your father is my oldest brother,  I had to listen to him" I laughed.

"Yeah, i'm okay. " I assured.

"Alright, I gotta go. Take care, little niece." Uncle Clint hugged me.

"Bye"

"Bye"

Hey, you don't get visits from Uncle Clint usually. I must be his favorite niece, maybe because I am his only niece.

- The next day-
Ugh.... THURSDAYS!!!! I turned off my stupid alarm. Why can't it be Friday! No, if it's friday then that means work the next day. I work on weekends with my photographer intern job at the daily bugle with Pete. Oh no.....with Peter.

I got out of bed and got ready. I changed into my clothes (pic) and then did my hair in a pony tail.

When I finished, I left my apartment. I then realized I would be walking to school by myself.

"Darn it!" I cursed. Once I arrived at the school, I went to my locker, but before I took a quick glimpse at Lindsey's locker. It still had a little bit of web on it.

I laughed. I walked to my locker and grabbed the stuff I needed.

"Hey...!? Where's Peter?" I turned around to see Harry with a sweatshirt on that said I woke up like dis.

I laughed.

"What's so funny?!" Harry questioned.

"Your shirt" I laughed again. He looked down at in realization.

"Oh C'mon I did...." Harry begged.

"Sure, sleeping beauty"

"Anyways, you didn't answer my question." He said.

"Oh yeah, he's sick" I replied.

"Ah, he didn't tell me.."

"Sometimes, you get lazy, Harry. Trust me, me 24/7" I exclaimed. He laughed. Then we went to homeroom.

-Stupid Unnecessary School ends-
It turned out to be a good day actually. I passed my English test, we had spaghetti for lunch, and my lab assignment for science got an A+.

As I walked home, I remembered that Pete was sick at home. So I decided to go to the gas station to get him some coffee. It's the best idea I could think of at the moment. I walked to the apartments and went to Peter's place.

Knock Knock

"Coming" I heard from the other side of the door.

His Aunt May opened it.

"Oh, hey y / n! " May smiled. She looked so happy.

"Hi, Mrs. Parker. Is Peter here? Is he okay? I would like to give him this coffee?" I asked.
"Oh, I'm sorry. He's not here?" Mrs. Parker said. What? Maybe went to Harry's?

"Do you know where he is?" I questioned.

"Didn't you hear! He got a grant to one of Mr. Stark's program! He's in Germany right now"

What. He's with Tony Stark? But the most important thing, he lied to me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry" I said playing along.

"Alright then y / n, bye"

"Bye"

Why? Why would he lie about a grant. Did he think I be really jealous?

I started walking to my place. I opened the door and threw my stuff on the couch. Why would the truth hurt? I got out my phone and went into my messages and read them again.

Hey, not gonna be at school tomorrow...

Why :''(

I don't feel so good....

Oh, hope you get better :)))))))

I read them over and over again. They played with my head, I don't feel so good....

These words stabbed me, why would he lie to me? I wanted to text Peter saying, what the freak, why did you lie to me!? Haven't we been able to trust each other for years. Didn't we promise to tell each other every single promise. But I wanted to talk to him in person. I just don't understand.

Something is definitely up with him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just a short chapter. Thank you for all those that commented on last chapter. Hope you liked it! Please vote and add to ur library! And comment too! !!!! But most important, thank you for reading and supporting me! Bye ~ × Natty×

Edited by the author  (MENDES.FOR.LIFE.)