"You blame everyone but yourself," comes the voice in my head once again proving me wrong.

"Giovanni," comes my fathers voice disturbing my thoughts. He had a tendency of doing that, ruining thoughts and sometimes moods.

"We have to talk," he says closing the door behind him. I knew this had to be something important and as much as I wanted to discuss whatever it was, I had no time. The detective was coming over in a short while and I still hadn't told Kat that Jessica situation. How do you tell the mother of your child something as horrific as that?

"Can it wait, I have a lot going on today with Jess and Kat," I say attempting to raise my head up from the bed. The pain from the drinking I'd done just a few hours ago came back.

He shakes his head, giving me a long state before closing the door and making his way out the door.

After seeing Diyah- my Diyah with the cop, I knew I'd lost all hope on getting her back. She was falling for him and that was clear to see in the way she clung onto him, as if she needed him to survive. With my head held low and my ego burst, I ordered Santiago to take me to the nearest bar and as much as he refused at first, there are many things having a gun can do for you. I need something, anything to get her out of my head and if it was drinking that was going to get the job done, then so be it.

"Why do you torment me so much," I mumble to myself. Images of her enter my mind. Images of her staring at me, hugging me, comforting me with her kisses and her being. For a while I begin to believe they're actually her.

"I hate you," comes her cracking voice with tear strains running down her face and ripped clothes. "I hate you Giovanni," she says breaking down crying. I reach out for her and the darkness she's surrounded by welcomes me in as well.

"Giovanni- Giovanni, get up, there are men here to see you," comes Kat's voice shaking me awake. I sit up and once again the throbbing returns. I scratch my temple and look her deep in the eye.

"Listen-something happened yesterday at the hospital," I say scratching the back of my head. I didn't know how to word this.
"Jessie may have been sexually abused," I add on.

"What do you mean Jessie may have been sexually abused?" She asks with alarm in her voice. "There is no may in that sentence, my baby was sexually abused? Oh my god," she says taking her hands to her face.

"Kat-" before I can finish my sentence the door opens up and my father stands before me with a face I hadn't ever seen on him. Astonishment?

"Uh Giovanni, they're waiting for you downstairs," he says looking between the both of us.

"Okay," I say my eyes not leaving a now weeping Kat. The door closes. "Look, you stay here and I'll talk to the detectives downstairs," I say softly.

"No," she blurts out. "I want to be there. I want to know what animal would do such a thing to our little girl. Why didn't I see it? I'm such a horrible mother," she says throwing her head back.

"That's not true, you're the best mother for Jessie an-" the opening of the door once again cutting me off.

"Why are you crying mommy?" Comes Jess' concern filled voice. She took on Kat's side when it came to her soft heart.

"Nothing baby, mommy is just a little tired," she says forcing out a smile. "Come on, let's go to grandpas room," she says getting off the bed.

"But I wanna stay with you and daddy," she says turning to face me. Her eyes got bigger than usual and I knew what she was going in for, whenever her mother said no, she knew for a fact I would say yes. It's jut the way things were with the two of us.

"Jess, go with your mom," I say sternly. I didn't mean for it to sound so harsh but I didn't want her around to hear our talk. At just 5 years old she was catching on to things faster than I could clap my hands.

She gives me a sad look before stepping off the bed and out the door way with her mother.

I take a deep breath and brace myself for what's to come. After throwing on a shirt, I head downstairs and see the same cop from the hospital and another with his back turned towards me on the phone. Unlike Detective Fredrick, the other detective is wearing cop gear.

"Hey, great to see you again, I'd like you to meet my temporary partner for the case," he say patting the other guy on the back.

"My bad about that, pregnant gir--" he stops midway to face me and his face drops as does mine.

__

Suspense b-tches 😈 , update hopefully later if not tomorrow

Suspense b-tches 😈 , update hopefully later if not tomorrow. Anywho, thoughts on Victor, should he tell his son about the baby or should he respect Diyah's decision and stay out of it and why? Also as a mother, should Kat feel responsible for not catching on or was it just something and even she wouldn't have caught on to and why? Lol I'm annoying with these questions, I know I know but I love reading what you guys think and why, helps me as writer better my work. So what do you guys want to see or read more about?