Chapter 33

Diyah's pov:
I lay in the pool of blood of the guards Lester shot not daring to utter a word since they were killed.

I smelled like dried blood, my hair was frizzy from all of the the hotness of the room I was locked in and if I wasn't so scared I would've at least taken off my blazer.

Lester walked back in and smiled at me before shutting the door behind him.

He came in and out trying to make conversation or bring me some sort of food that could or could not be poisoned.

"You can speak you know, it's been a whole two days and you're still laid there not saying anything," he looked down at the plate of food he tossed at me that consisted of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, an apple, a stem of grapes, and a granola bar.

"You haven't eaten the pb and j?" He asks with a puzzled face pointing to the tray.

"I thought this was way better then the grilled cheese sandwich I attempted at yesterday," he says laughing at his own joke.

Still nothing.

"Fine. If you won't eat it I'll force feed it to you, I need you alive for something weather you like it or not," he says charging at me now.

I cuddle to myself and hold back a whimper as he moves the hair away from my face and lifts my chin up.

"I've never realized you had such pretty eyes," he says starting at them with amusement.

It takes all of me not to spit in his face.

"They change color, that's very rare," he says now his hand dropping from my chin.

Still not a single word comes from my mouth.

He sits down and stares at me for a long fine with a look in his eyes. Desire? On instinct I scoot away and he scoots towards me causing me to bump into the corpse on the floor.

I let out a small scream and close my eyes wishing I wasn't in any of this mess or here to begin with.

He inches towards me and my body stiffens up more than its been since yesterday.

"Open up your mouth," he orders.

I don't.

He yanks my foot towards him and I wince from the pain it causes me.

"Open. Your. Mouth," He says emphasizing each word.

I reluctantly open it and close my eyes from what's to come next.

"God, please don't let him kiss me," I pray to myself.

I feel something breaded in my mouth and by the time the peanut butter is in my mouth my breathing instantly becomes impaired.

It feels difficult to breath and as much as I try to gasp for air there's none there whatsoever.

A frantic Lester scoops me in his arms and mutters to himself.

"Shit, why didn't you tell me you were allergic to peanuts," he says putting me in the car and slamming the door.

He plays the chair all the way back and puts a jacket over me before speeding to the nearest hospital.

By the time we reach the hospital my skin is beginning to turn to a light shade of blue and my whole body is cold.

Lester scoops me up again before running into the emergency room.

"She's going into an allergic shock reaction," he yells and instantly a group of nurses and a doctor rush towards me with a stretcher.

I get hooked to plugs of all sort and a breathing mask to give me the the oxygen I need to help keep my breathing steady.