Chapter 28

Diyah's pov:
I check my phone for the adress that Lester texted me and put it into the GPS before driving off.

I pull up to a homely looking cafe and although it looks homely I can't help but have a weird feeling in my stomach as if something is off. Most likely just hunger or something along those lines.

I ignore it and place a smile on my face not wanting my morning with Gio to get in the way of a potential partnership.

The place is pretty empty except for a couple drinking coffee together, a young man on his computer, and towards the back Lester in a dress suit and an older looking man in a sharp suit.

The man is pretty tall, about 6'6 and looks to be around 35-40. His thick light brown hair is slicked back and if I wasn't interested in older men, he'd actually be handsome. He looks pretty intimidating and I can't stop my nervousness from showing even if I tried.

I walk over and smile at Lester.

He smiles back at me and the man clears his throat before Lester finally takes the hint.

"Nadiyah, this is Jonathan Forentos. Johnathn this is the lovely gal I was telling you about, Ms. Nadiyah Valentino."

Jonathan extends his and I reluctantly take it. My small sweaty hands are nothing compared to his large cold ones.

He holds for a bit too long and I struggle a big uncomfortably before he finally lets it go.

"I'm sorry about that," he says with a smirk.

"I forget how to act around beautiful women sometimes," he says chucking.

I know it's a compliment but I feel disgusted with him checking me out.

"Thank you," I say forcing a smile.

"Sit," he says motioning to the booth.

I sit down and Lester slides in right after me.

"I've heard nothing but good news about you sir," I say folding my hands into my lap.

Time to put everything business like that I've learned from my father to good use.

"And it is such an honor to know that you would want to have a partnership with my boutique. Together we could really bring up the fashion industry," I add on forcing a smile.

He takes a while to speak and looks over at Lester before giving me a smile.

"We would make a fine partnership, wouldn't we?" he says harassing me with his eyes.

I hold back a gag and force out another smile.

"Most definitely sir."

"Oh quit calling me 'sir', you're making me feel old."

My phone buzzes and I pull it out of my purse noticing it's Gio, I ignore it not wanting to talk to him.

"Shall we order?" Lester says smiling at the both of us.

Before I can put in my order my phone begins vibrating indicating a call from Gio.

"Excuse me for a moment, I need to take this call," I say standing up.

They both nod their heads and I walk outside and press answer.

"What Gio? I'm in a meeting," I say irritated now.

"With who?" He asks his voice filled with impatience.

"Why do you care?" I ask getting more irriated. "I'm not in the mood for your possessive boyfriend bullshit right now Giovanni," I add on.

"Who. The. Hell. Are. You. With.?" He ask now his voice ice cold.

It scares me for a bit and my tough girl act is now completely gone. "A friend of mine and a potential business partner."

"Names Diyah, I need names," he says through gritted teeth.

"Uh, Johnthan Foresco and Lester something," I say not knowing why he needs their names so badly.

"Shit!" Gio says loudly and now I know he's angry.

"What?" I ask not knowing what's going on.

"Diyah, listen to me and listen to me well, those people are not who you think they are," he says his voice calming down a bit.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask fully confused now.

"Lester is the guy that kidnapped Tonya and Khloe."

My mouth hangs open and I feel a wave of emotion. Fear, panic, and true sadness that I'm suck in a situation like this.

"Gio I-I didn't know," I say my voice cracking at the thought of what could happen to me.

He must notice I'm about to cry because his voice soothes down.

"Hey, listen to me, nothing is going to happen to you, I promise I won't let anything happen to you Diyah," he says trying to calm me down.

"I'm on my way right now."

I'm lost for words and I can't speak. I just nod to myself trying to assure myself that what he's saying is true.

"Nothing will happen to me."

"I need you to act normal, act as if this phone call was just one from Khloe or something. No matter what, try to act normal, okay?"

"Okay," I whisper into the phone.

"Wipe your tears and please don't be scared, I promise I won't let them hurt you," he says before we hang up.

The beating of my heart is so loud I think everyone can hear it and that just adds on to everything else wrong at this moment.

I wipe my tears and straighten out my skirt before walking back to the booth.

"I'm sorry about that, problems at home," I say with a small smile sitting down.

Lester sits down after me and my body stiffens up.

"Well that is okay, I hope Giovanni is on his way over and gets here with no problem. We've got some catching up to do," Jonathan says with a sinister smile.
__

Vote/Share/Comment 💕