FouRtY SeVeN

"Cause baby, ooh, if heaven calls, I'm coming, too
Just like you said, you leave my life, I'm better off dead"

"What? How?! I mean are you sure about this Liam?" Zayn continues to speak with the person who broke all my ambitions, crushed down my hopes with mere string of words. I bet I would have collapsed on the floor like my heart fell in the darkness, with no exit from the claws of hurt.

I hear a bloodcurdling scream that makes me hide in Zayn's arms, the only source of comfort, the scream of my own voice. I hear him ask the man on line, to confirm the dreadful news again and again, I can sense the shock and uncertainty in his voice though the authenticity of his emotions is unknown.

I see his lips moving but the waves of perturbation are so loud that I don't hear him. The sounds are joined by two more voices as mum and Phil join us, worry and confusion on their features. Mum collects my body in her arms, trying to get an emotion from this lifeless being.

"Get away mum." My voice comes out hoarse and monotonous, three heads snap in my direction as pin drop silence takes over.

"Ara, you are my child, share your sorrows with me sweetheart I can't bear to see you like this!" She cries in leaning closer as I physically create some distance between us.

"You should be happy that he's gone right? You didn't like him anyways, so why put up this fake act?" I laugh dryly at their expressions, particularly Zayn's because it shifts from shock to anger in a few seconds, I know he'll flip if I misbehave with mum, he will show his true colours.

"She has lost her mind!" Mum exclaims loudly at Phil who steps forward to comfort her, trying hard to not glare at me.

"Enough of your feigned tears! Who knows you might be happier on the interior hearing the loss of your daughter."

"Arabella, I know you have lost someone valuable thus I'm keeping my quiet, that doesn't mean you can cross your limits to insult Cathy and Phil." Zayn interrupts making me roll my eyes.

"Zayn! How can I forget you? Tell me, the CEO of Malik Enterprises, have you not despised his existence, his place in my heart? Being the cunning man you are, you must have killed my love just so you can take his place in my heart!" I yell, my voice raising various octaves as a thundering sound echoes in the air. Mum slapped me.

"I should have done this long ago." Mum shouts, fuming with anger as tears stream down her face.
"Phil, this cannot be our blood, this selfish girl cannot be my Ara. You are a disgrace to my family!"

"Look at this guy!" She says, pulling Zayn forward, "This boy has taken all your tantrums till date, he has been your shield against my anger, why? He doesn't owe you anything, yet he's here with you, trying with all the might he has to keep you happy. Not once did he complain, he has kept you like a princess, never mind how undeserving you are to receive this kind of behaviour, yet you have the audacity to question his feelings?"

"Let it go Cathy, she's distressed-"

"Shut up Zayn!" She continues after silencing him, "How cruel can you be Ara?! We are your parents, we are bound to take care of you, to neglect your mistakes but Zayn does it out of love. Don't be surprised Zayn, we have been observing your behaviour around her and it can't be counted as anything less than pure love. I feel sorry for you Ara, he loves you more than you deserve yet you leave no chance to insult his feelings and use him. I bet Harry didn't even love you or show half the affections Zayn has shown for you."

"Catherine, enough now Melody would wake up due to this noise." Phil tries to take her inside but she refuses to comply.

"No Phil! This girl needs to be shown her place! It is getting out of hand now! Did you hear her accuse Zayn of Harry's death?" I gasp at the mention of him, the reality tasting more bitter.