ThiRty ThrEE

"Rumour has it he's the one I'm leaving you for."

Who'd have thought that there would arrive a day when I'll have my hands painted with the blood of what could have been a beautiful relationship? I sabotaged an exemplary bond and am now searching for the regret in my heart, failing miserably. I thought mine and Zayn's bond was stronger than that of the stars in the constellations.

The stars that refuse to leave each others side.

The stars that make the world sit back in awe and watch the beautiful creations of their love.

A fool I was to think of having something so pure with a callous man who knows only to put his needs before everything and everyone. His revival just squeezed the wounds that had went numb due to the drug called Harry.

Eyes search for him and my heart flutters when he's already looking back at me, beautiful face adorned with a dimpled smile.

"Why are you smiling Harry?" I say with a huge grin. His positivity is contagious, so is his smile.

"You make me smile Bella." I see his cheeks catch a shade of red as he shyly ruffles his brown curls before swiping them to a side. His words invoke warmth in my heart that spreads all over.

"So about the trip you had mentioned earlier," I sit up straight, smoothening the creases on my t-shirt. I look over to see him sending beams of hopes at my way.

"I am ready to go with you anywhere." I breathe hoping that I won't regret this decision. I've had enough of people getting my hopes and crushing them under their sole.

"Wonderful!" He exclaims getting on his feet at an instant as his face lights up, making the atmosphere brighter. His brown curls bounce as he jogs towards me.

"Harry!" Our laughter echoes in unison as he scoops me in his arms, twirling around and squealing. Laughs die down and he sets me on my feet, his arms around my neck and forehead on my own. Smiles don't fade from our faces, not even a bit as we stare and stare into each other's eyes.

"This means a lot to me Bella, it's like we're about to take a step further in this relationship." I close my eyes to let my mind get consumed by the feeling of his lips, melting in his arms that are gripping my waist securely.

"I'm so excited for the trip, can't wait to unfold to you the things I've planned. I'll try to make the following days some of the best days for you." He breathes.

"I'm counting on you babe." I place a kiss on his cheek before leaving the warming embrace and head over to the kitchen. It's necessary to receive the call of my stomach.

"And Bella?"

"Yeah?" I yell a bit so that he can hear me from the adjoining room.

"I think you should forgive Zayn." Drop dead silence spreads over the entire house as the words leave past his lips. He just did not say that. Balling my fists I march to where Harry stands absolutely upset.

"And why do you think so? Are you implying that I am wrong?"

"I never said that but I do know that he was helpless in that situation, helpless due to the circumstances. Just forgive him so that you can move on with life normally." He urges me to sit besides him on the couch and holds my hand, drawing circles to help me calm.

"I can't. I won't tolerate anyone treating me like a second option, even if it's my best friend." I shake my head, brushing away the idea. Harry sighs, lowering his gaze in defeat.