FouRtY FouR

"What did you say?" I think I heard him wrong. Am I hallucinating?

"I am married, Bella."

Three words, ten letters and a loud thud was felt in my chest. Is this real? Am I dreaming? Standing in front of me is the man I love, his face paler than usual and emerald eyes holding the fright of my reaction.

"Look Harry, this isn't funny anymore. Stop with your sick jokes." I can't recognise my own trembling voice echoing in the room. Burning sensation in the back of my throat is becoming hard to ignore, a stubborn lump that I push down quickly.

"I'm serious Arabella. I am married to the girl I love." That's when I lose it.

"You can't be someone else's Harry, you are mine! Your body, your heart, your fucking soul everything belongs to me! You can't break my heart, not now, never!" I have him pinned up against the wall like a masterpiece he is. Tears start collecting on my lashes, making my vision blurred, a couple even manage to escape the bar. I'm not allowed to give him the advantage of seeing my broken side.

"This heart... it beats for me, Harry..." Despondency and agony run down my cheeks, burning my skin as this rain rolls, its hard to stay sane. With the back of my hand I wipe down the cries of my heart, determined to not let them out again. My weakness would only fuel his strength.

"Tell me you are mine Harry! I need to hear it from your mouth." I say gripping his collars tighter, if that's even possible. My head is spinning, all I see is him looking overly amused by my outburst.

"I am not yours Bella," His smirk that turns me on every time is now making my stomach churn. He grips my wrists and pulls my hands down. Blood drains from my face, the angels of hope seem to be leaving my side as he turns his back to me.

"I never said that I love you, did I?" When I thought I couldn't be hurt anymore, his words slice my heart like a knife, shredding it like a piece of paper, trampling over the thing that still beats for him.

"But you do! I know you love me Harry! Is it because of the meaningless wife? Just.. Just drop your marriage with that bitch and come to me... Be mine forever Harry.." I throw my hands in air. The boiling anger in my blood is soon replaced by my desperation for him. The happiness seems to have left my abode, the air is cold and harsh, notwithstanding the blaze I'm battling with.

"You don't even know me yet, don't mistaken your attraction for me as love." He walks away from me, nonchalantly, much to my despair.

"You think that my love for you is mere attraction? How dare you insult my feelings like that?! A few months ago I barely recognised myself, you showed me who I really am. My life is fucking dependent on you, you asshole! You reside in me Harry fucking Styles and you got my soul in your body! You fucked me in our bed... our bed yesterday and now you're giving me this shit? Impossible." I am breaking down in front of my maker, he just plays the role of watching me shatter into tiny pieces of his own. His pitiful gaze doesn't meet mine, in a pathetic attempt to hide his heart. Something's definitely wrong, I won't accept this kind of defeat.

"We can never be separate Harry, your denial won't change the fact that we are one. Even the evilest demons or the creator of this world can't part our moulded souls, who are you to try and break us apart? We are meant to be Harry and I forbid it any other way. Stop fooling yourself." He appears to absorb all my words and shoots an icy glare. No doubt, I meant every single word that came out of my mouth. It scares me to a different level that how desperately I'm trying to make him feel my love, how desperate I am for him to reciprocate.

"How does Anne approve of this?"

"She doesn't know that you were my girlfriend." He shrugs.
"Ever heard me mention that to her? Do you recall me kissing you in her presence? I simply acted like you are my friend." My jaw touches the floor at his answer.