SiX

You guys got me crying, 300+ views and a whopping century of votes?! What did I do to deserve this?

Thank you so much, really means a lot <3

I never want to be the reason for the frown on your face. His words reverberate in my head. Lying on the bed with sleepless eyes thinking of a certain green-eyed boy, how poignant is that? Tossing and turning I finally get up to peek through the window. Involuntarily, my eyes settle themselves on the window in front of me.

No sign of life there.

The clock says 1:36 am. I sit on the window pane, admiring the beauty of the moon. So pleasant. So calm. A breath of wind passes by, fondling my cheeks. The night sky is so plain, so dull and empty, just like my life. It is the moon that's making the night beautiful, its presence enough to breath life into the sky.

Sighing, I go back to bed in an attempt to sleep. I know I'll survive through everything, just like I've survived through 20 years of my life. But I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to live.

...

*Buzz*

My alarm goes off. I groan while getting up. I fell asleep quite late yesterday so waking up at 6 in the morning isn't fun. I brush my teeth and take a bath. Mum and granny are usually up by 5 everyday. I climb down the stairs to sullen silence. Where is everyone at? Then it hit me, gran is out on her venture. Where might mum be?

"Mum!" I call out softly, not wanting to wake up Mel. I take a tour of the house but she isn't anywhere to be seen. Sound of the front door opening catches my attention.

"Where did you go, at this hour?" It must be around 6:30 maybe.

"For a walk." She answers shortly.

"Trying to maintain figure, I see." I joke.

"Everything isn't a joke, Ara." She snaps.
"I'll appreciate if you stop bothering me."

I keep my mouth shut thereafter. She usually shares every thought with me, I don't know why she's shutting me out now. May be she needs some time.

"I'll make the breakfast today, you look tired you should rest." I say.

"Thanks." With that she heads to the bathroom. I go straight to the kitchen and decide to make chocolate pancakes.

Ready with the pancakes, I head to wake up Mel.

"Five minutes more!" She hides her face in the blankets.

"No honeycup, no wake up before the pancakes get cold!"

"Did you make pancakes?" Her cute self peeks through the sheets.

"Yup, your favourite chocolate ones." I try to tickle her. It's quite a task to get Melody out of the bed. She says the sheets like to spend more time with her.

"Okie I'm up!" She screams and runs towards the kitchen. I shake my head and go to call mum.

...

"Mum, why aren't you eating? Everything alright?" I've finished with my breakfast only to see mum's plate left untouched. She continues to stare at the plate. I walk over to her.

"Mum.." I say softly touching her shoulder. She jerks in surprise, her bewildered eyes look at me.

"I'm so sorry Ara." She bursts into tears. It breaks me to see her like this.
"Shh, it's alright mum, everything will be alright." I hug her.