Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine, Moon," I said coolly.

"Oh, I just figured you might need support. A boyfriend would really be helpful; I've got my Draco, what about you?" she asked sweetly.

"Oh I've got more than one, don't you worry," I winked and she looked down at my arms which were bare.

"What exactly is on your inner left forearm, Leah? Oh, does dear Draco know your secret? What about Potter?" she asked, grinning evilly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, making my skin cover up my mark. I held my arm up and she frowned.

"Oh, I could've sworn you had a dark mark," she muttered.

"Don't assume," I snapped and she laughed.

"You don't like me, do you? Aw why not?" she asked faking sadness. I said nothing and she sat next to me, putting a hand on my arm gently.

"Is it because Draco prefers me?" she asked softly. I glared at her hand and then looked up at her. She had on this annoying smug smirk. I drew back and punched her in the face. She fell back and gasped, holding her jaw.

"It's because you're a sad excuse for a Slytherin and you can't fight back!" I yelled and started angrily walking up the steps to get dressed. I looked behind me quickly before slowing down; she wasn't following. Good. I turned around and ran straight into someone. 

"Ouch," I frowned and looked up. Draco was looking down at me in surprise and his hair was ruffled in a way that should be illegal. I gave him a cold look and scowled.

"Your girlfriend's down there in need of support," I snarled.

"What are you talking about?"

"Somebody just, I don't know, punched her," I shrugged and then tried to push past him, but he was too strong. 

"Leah, who punched Clarissa?" he asked, his hand lingering on my arm.

"Oh...some girl...Leah? Yeah, I think that's who," I said, pretending to concentrate.

"Why did you do that?" he groaned.

"She made me angry, now can you move?" I asked, but then turned around as I heard sniffles and footsteps.

"Oh Draco, good your awake! She just punched me!" Clarissa accused.

"Yes, I heard...uh I've gotta go," he said and then I followed him upstairs, only I went into my room and he went into his. I grabbed my Slytherin tie and draped it around my neck before pulling on a black dress. I tied my tie and went back downstairs to get Pansy.

"Ready to learn?" I smiled cheerfully and Pansy glared.

"Leah, your annoying in the morning."

"Come on, lets go!" I demanded and saw Pansy was wearing her full uniform.

"Gross," I said and she snorted.

Before we could walk out of the common room, the door opened and Severus came through

"Leah, professor Dumbledore would like to see you," he said wearily. He looked at my arms and frowned not seeing my mark.

"Yes professor," I said and followed him out.

"Why does Dumbledore want me?" I asked once we were out of the common room.

"I haven't the slightest," he lied and I glared.

"Are you nervous about your first task?" he asked, changing the subject.

"A bit, but once I get out there tomorrow I'll be fine," I shrugged.