50. Circle of lies

Thomas' POV

I was just about to go get Dylan to deliver a message from Wes, when I realized I'd forgotten my phone in my room. I hadn't gone too far, so I figured I could just return and text Dylan instead. It probably wouldn't take too much of my time, so I decide to hurry back to my room, only to find Dylan on his way away from it.

"Hey, wait up!" I call when my eyes land upon him and walk up to him. He looks at me, and he's smiling, but somethings not quite right. The smile doesn't reach his brown eyes.

"Hi," he greets. His tone is somewhat a little bit cold. He seems... Tensed. I immediately feel my face alerting to assume the form of a frown.

"Hi. Are you okay?" I ask him, just to make sure.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just didn't sleep very well last night."

"Oh, okay. Nothing else?" He shakes his head. "Alright. You know Wes wants to see us, right?"

He tenses up even more. What is he not telling me? Though it is probably nothing.
"Yes, I know. And do you know your door is unlocked? I think you forgot to lock it when you left this morning."
The two last sentences comeandly almost harsh, and I have no idea why. It's not like it was his door I forgot to lock?
"Oh my god, thank you for telling me! I left my phone too, that's why I was going back."
When I finish that sentence, he looks like he's going to say something, but then change his mind and just nods.
"I'm just going to get it and lock the door, I'll be right back." I tell him and hurry back and in my room to get my phone. I make sure to check it, but luckily no missed calls or texts or anything important.
When I've grabbed my phone and locked the door I run back to where I left Dylan, but no one's there. He seems to have left too. What is up with him today?
-
When I arrive at the meeting Wes called us for, the first thing I do is I spot Dylan. He's sitting between Kaya and Will, his head leaning on his hands. There's about 50 people in the room and they're all chatting with each other. I decide to take a seat between Jacob and some guy in the film team. I greet Jacob with a nod and he smiles back.
"Why aren't you sitting with Dylan?" he leans over and whispers. I shrug. I didn't know he knew about me and Dylan... Kaya.
"I don't know, I guess I was late and he'd already settled. And there's no space for me there. "
Jacob seems to notice my cold undertone and frowns.
"Have you guys been in a fight or something?"
"No, not really. He's just been acting a little bit weird today."
Jacob looks over at Dylan. He's laughing at something Kaya said with Will.
"Are you sure you had nothing to do with it?"
"I don't know honestly. I'm worried that I do, but in that case I don't know what."
"Have you asked him about it?"
"Uh... I mean I asked him if he was okay this morning, but he said he was fine?"
Jacob rolls his eyes.
"Then of course he's not!"
---
A/n: HIIII
OK SO FIRST
Y'ALL HAVE TO READ MY AMAZING FRENS STORY:
ITS CALLED "INTO THE FOREST" BY idkwhat2write
ITS GR8910
OK
AND I MET HER IRL LIKE OMG

"Then of course he's not!"---A/n: HIIIIOK SO FIRSTY'ALL HAVE TO READ MY AMAZING FRENS STORY:ITS CALLED "INTO THE FOREST" BY idkwhat2writeITS GR8910OKAND I MET HER IRL LIKE OMG

AKJDJFJRJJDJFNF IT WAS LIKE THE BEST DAY IN MY LIFE IM SO

Also, WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICK thaNK YOU FOR 96K THIS IS INSANE WHATDFBDJD
AND LIKE WHATGE
IMS O
THANKS A VERY LOT
also its suMMER VACATION FNFN
FINALLY

GRAVITY FALLS IS ALSO GR8910 LIKE IM
u know im going to Brighton for 2 weeks but i guess i'll write when im there yah
aLsO mY sOn DaN iS 25 nOw wTf
oh and sry this chapter isn't v good i'll do it better next time ok
ily guys but yeah see ya in the next chapter