18. Soul deep, Wes Ball is the #1 Newtmas fan

Dylan's POV

I awake from an extremely strange dream, or nightmare. I'm not sure what to label it as. Thomas and I preformed the kiss scene, but we didn't stop kissing when they said cut and then really strange and disturbing stuff that I don't want to mention happened. The kiss was nice, but I'm glad I woke up.
Let's just call it a really weird dream.

I try to get my mind to focus on something other than the dream and recall that we're staring filming today. Marvellous. Hopefully everyone knows their lines and we'll be able to finish some scenes without too much trouble, I think as I arrive down to the cafeteria. Thomas is the only one present from the cast. I can't help but wonder where the others are, so I take a look at my phone and the display shows that it's 6:30AM. Now I understand why we're the only ones here. I grab some breakfast and sit down opposite Thomas. I try to avoid thinking about the dream as I gaze upon him.

"Morning." He greets and yawns.

"Good morning." I say. "Why so early?"

He shrugs.
We're quiet for a moment and the dream passes my mind. I stare down at my breakfast, not really feeling as hungry as I did before. Questioning life. Why do we exist?
Thomas suddenly says something, saving me from a train of thoughts that I know will end up off the rails.

"You've read the script, right?"

I nod, too shy too say anything. What am I supposed to say? That I'm not really sure if I like it? What if he loves it? He probably does. Yep, he definetly loves it.
I'm about to open my mouth and say that I agree with him, that's it's a great script, but then he says something.

"Isn't that a little bit too romantic, don't you think?" He says and I sigh in relief. I should stop being so analyctic and stop overthinking shit and shut up forever.

"Exactly my thoughts."

"I mean, there isn't any love and stuff in the book, so why the movie?" He says. My heart sink. He doesn't...

"Not that have anything against it... Or I mean... Shit, I don't know." He adds and laughs nervously.

"Me neither." I chuckle, and even though I sounds calm and collected, my heart is beating faster than normally. I ignore it. "That love crap isn't gonna make things awkward between us, right?"

"Of course not! Why would it? Just because Wes is a fan of Newtmas doesn't mean things have to get awkward between us."

I laugh, relieved and suddenly in a much lighter mood.
"Wes Ball the Number One Newtmas fan."
---
A/n: Lol think about that.
And think about how it's 1AM here and I should probably be asleep
but still nah
Anyways, see ya in the next chapter!!!!ily!!!!💟🌚