42. Unbloomed lovers flourish

Thomas' POV

"Yes, I have feelings for you, that's why I'm so confused. What I feel for you is... not platonic. I wonder, do you feel the same? Because if you don't, do not kiss me again. I've tried to understand, but you won't seem to let me. You kiss me and hug me and make me believe that you feel the same as me, but then you keep saying we're friends. And I don't understand. I mean, do you also feel like you could listen to me ramble about nothing for hours? That you could stare at me forever? That I'm the most beautiful person in the whole wide world?" He asks and all I want to do is say yes, but I can't.

It feels as if I'll start bawling if I even open my mouth, so I dare not do so. He's literally describing what I feel.

Maybe our mutual despair and confusion could result in somd kind of clarity? Or maybe it'll suffocate us and destory us both. I divert my gaze down to the floor so that he can't see the stupid tears filling my eyes.

When I don't answer, he continues. "Because that's basically what I feel. It can be wonderful and beautiful but it can also hurt. Especially when I'm in the dark regarding how you feel. You are one confusing Trombone. I can't seem to figure out how to read the music sheets on how to play you."
I... don't really know what love feels like, but I guess... I guess it's like this. What I felt like when I was with Britt was only a fraction of what I'm feeling now. However, I might be wrong. If you think I'm wrong and still want to be my friend, then tell me. Tell me now and I won't have to hide my feelings. I won't have to keep wondering and worrying. Please." His voice breaks at the last word and my heart aches. I rise and he seems to be holding his breath. I think I'm holding mine as well. You could cut the tension with a knife.

How do I reply to this? I want to say something just as beautiful, but I can't. I have no words. He's waiting for me to say something, but I have no words. How do you say "I love you" without speaking?
I know.

"But I wonder, do you feel the same as I do? Because if you don't, do not kiss me again."

I place my hands on his sculpted cheeks and finally bring his lips to mine in a real kiss. A kiss that's not on the cheek, not for a movie. A proper, real and wonderful kiss with a proper, real and wonderful meaning. He gasps at first, but then he kisses me back. It feels so right. So, so right.

I pull away first, but I keep my hands on his face. I never want to let go. His hands are placed on my chest and I want freeze this moment and keep it forever. Then he speaks.

"That... I never thought... I mean, I..."

"Me too." I say and peck his lips again.

---

A/n:
SOOOO........
FINALLY I GUESS OMG
WAS IT GOOD?
WAS IT OK??????
IDK MYSELF
I CRINGED SO MUCH AND IDK Y
BUT OMG PINOF 7 ON SATURDAY I CANT

HELP
and sorry for that update before,
I accidentally updated and bc I wasn't finished so I unpublished it hehe
But here ya go ppl

But I gtg back to class now,
Cya in the next chapter friendS

😭🌚😖