30. Have mercy

Thomas' POV
"Okay, guys. Let's do this!" Wes yelled. And we did. We completed the scene in which we make it to the house in the desert and when Minho gets struck by lightning. And then it was finally time for our (Dylan and I's) scene. The tension building it up had been kind of exhausting, so I was slightly excited and relieved to get it over with.

- (Now Thomas is Newt and Dylan is Thomas and it's all very confusing ikr but oh well here we go)

"You okay there?" Thomas (as in Dylan) asked Newt, who was sitting beside him leaning against one of the four dirty walls in the room of the obviously long neglected house.
"Okay? Yeah. I guess. We're alive- guess that's all what bloody matters anymore." Newt (as in Thomas, not the other Thomas) answered. There was a slight hint of hopelessness in his voice, something that Thomas hadn't heard many times before. Just like the Flare virus, hopelessness therefore caught on him. They were silent for a while.

"Sometimes I wonder", Thomas suddenly murmured, not meeting Newt's gaze. He was staring at the other sleeping boys, feeling so guilty. This was all his fault.

"Wonder what?"

"If being alive matters. If being dead might be a lot easier."

"Of course it bloody matters!" Newt frowned. He was surprised to discover this new, depressing side of Thomas opening up in front of him. It made him feel strange, fond. "Especially to me."

"What?" Thomas asked. He hadn't caught Newt's murmur.

"Nothing."

Thomas studied Newt for a bit. When Newt looked at him, his gaze quickly flickered away.

"It matters to me." Newt sighed, repeating what he'd said before, but this time louder.

"Huh?"

"I said, it matters to me." Thomas still looked lost, so Newt threw his arms in the air, obviously frustrated but also might flustered. If Thomas wasn't mistaken there was a pink shade endorsing his slightly tanned face. "That you're alive! Aren't you supposed to be smart?"

"Sorry." Thomas chuckled. "But it matters to me as well, that you're alive."

Newt smiled, or grimaced in an attempt to smile as wasn't used to it. Thomas finally met his eyes.

"So... Don't die, I guess. Good that?" Thomas said.

"Yeah, good that." Newt replied with a nervous chuckle. Thomas eyes flickered from Newt's eyes to his lips. Their faces were just inches away and Thomas could feel Newts breaths warm on his face. As the boys altered closer to each other, Thomas realized that what he felt for Newt was not platonic. Then he kissed him.

- (Back to Thomas' POV)

Then I kissed him. Or he kissed me. I didn't care. For all I cared, lips were against mine. That along with the butterflies in my stomach slowed my thought process down and I almost forgot we were recording until Minho, or Ki, groaned, which meant he was about to wake up. Dylan and I quickly flew apart, just like we were supposed to according to the script. My lips felt empty without his on them. We finished the scene and unfortunately we did it flawlessly. Yes, unfortunately. Unfortunately that meant that I wouldn't feel his lips against mine again. Crap. I should've messed up on purpose. Okay, maybe I'm getting a little too desperate.

Think about something else...

I head towards Diana thinking that she might've something fun to tell me. She always has some new gossip about Dylmas. Things that I haven't even heard. I mean, that's all we talk about. Dylmas. It's really interesting to see what the fans think about us. I don't see that often, because I'm not good at using my social medias. Diana is my social media.
---
A/n:
Did that sound wrong?
Gods I hope not.
And I actually took some of Newt's and Thomas' chat from the book,
so all that credit goes to
king James Dashner.
but.... i took some artistic freedoms (or whatever u call it), just so u know lmao

OK BUT IVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN TO MY COUSIN THAT DYLMAS IS REAL ALL DAY BUT SHE WONT BELIVE ME
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY??
THEY ARE REAL
OK? OK.
AND GOODNIGHT,
I NEED TO SLEEP AND DREAM ABOUT DYLMAS SO BYE SEE YA SOON💗🌚☺️