46. The truth

Dylan's POV

I really hope that the outcome of Thomas breaking up with Isabella won't be too horrible. I mean, they've been dating for years, so it'll probably be pretty hard for him (not to mention her).

I'm glad Britt broke up with me. Or not glad, but rather... relieved. It had been a long time coming and thus she spared me from doing it. The only thing hurting is that she won't return my calls and texts. I don't know what I did wrong. She's actually a great person but I'd only like to be her friend. We never really worked as a couple and I'm pretty sure she felt the same, but we got along well as friends. Thinking of it, I kind of miss her. After all, we were together for a long time and have been friends for even longer.

As I head down to grab the usual hotel breakfast, I stumble upon Diana and we decide to eat together.

"So," she smirks at me as we enter the breakfast hall. "How's it going with Thomas? Kaya and Ki Hong seemed pretty excited yesterday but they wouldn't tell me why."

"Why would you think that had something to do with me and Thomas?" I ask innocently but I avoid her gaze. Diana laughs and twists a lock of her brown hair between her fingers with a glimpse in her eye.

"Oh, please. I haven't seen Ki Hong that excited since he got the role as Minho. Also, they kept whispering and I heard your name and Thomas'. Aaand they might've said, giggling like five year olds, that you had something to tell me. They then said it was about Thomas. That's why I assumed it was about you and him."

"Fine." I chuckle, but I don't know what to say or where to start. We're about to grab breakfast when I reluctantly begin speaking. "I... I-"

"Was it amazing?" Diana cuts me off in a sigh, a dreamy smile plastered on her face. I squint at her and decide to give up on being ashamed of what I feel. I

"Y-yes, it was"

-

"Cho he duft lefht?" Diana asks with furrowed eyebrows and a mouth full of cereal after I've told her everything that happened between me and Thomas. We're seated opposite each other yet I still can't hear nor comprehend a word she's saying.

"Huh?"

Diana holds up a finger, swallows and repeats herself, "So he just left?"

"Mhm, but he'll be back tomorrow... I think."

"You think?"

"No, I mean... He wouldn't stay there, right?" I say and finally reveal my worries.

"Oh my god, no! He'd never leave you. Not for her, not for anyone." Diana ensures, but I'm still somewhat doubtful. I simply nod and return my attention to the sandwich as I don't feel like speaking about it anymore, but I can still feel her eyes on me.

"Hey, you'd say that too if you saw the way he looks at you. It's like... you're his whole galaxy. It's crazy. I seriously wish someone'd look at me in that way."

Well, if I'm his galaxy, then he's my universe.

"I bet a lot of people do, your eyes are just turned another way." I wink at her. She giggles and shakes her head, her puffy cheeks assuming a rosy color.

"Sure. But I'm really happy for you guys. I've wanted that for a long time."

Now it's my turn to laugh. "I know."

"When you guys become a couple, what are you going to say to everyone? The media's going to explode."

"I know. I don't think either of us have thought much about that yet. To be honest, I really don't want to think about it right now, sorry." I admit with a groan. The thought is already stuck in my head. What are we going say? What are we even? I guess I'll ask Thomas when he comes back. If... Stop.

When.

"So, what to you want to talk about instead, eh?" Diana asks and shoves another spoon full of cereal in her mouth. I shrug as I can't think of anything to say.

"What are you doing later?"

"Nothing, I think. Why?" I reply and take a big bite into my sandwich.

"I'm not doing anything either, so maybe we could hang out?"

I nod as my mouth is full of bread.

"But where are the others?" I ask when I'm done chewing.

"Uh... Ki Hong is meeting some girl but Kaya, Jacob, Will and Katherine are in the studio, I think. We could see what they're up to there."

"Sure, sounds good."

-

About an hour later, Diana and I enter the studio only to find Kaya and Will chasing each other, Jacob on his phone and Katherine pulling her hair into a bun while Wes looks like he's trying to talk to them. Kaya spots us, runs up to us and pokes me in the arm.

"Tag, you're it!" She screams as she darts in the other direction. I turn to Diana and smirk at her.

"No, no. Thomas, I'm not-" I don't let her finish the sentence before I hit her arm.

-

Apparently Wes did actually want to talk to them about something, namely that we are going to film a scene instead of having a free day tomorrow too, because we're a bit behind on the movie schedule.

"But what about Thomas?" I ask which results in both Kaya and Will errupting in giggles. Either Wes disregards it, or he doesn't connect the dots as he slaps himself in the forehead.

"Oh, I forgot about him. I've sent out an email but I think it's good if some checks if he's recieved it. I need to run to a meeting so is there possible for one of you to reach him?"

"Dylan can." Kaya says innocently and the others nod enthusiastically.

"Great, I'll talk to you later." Wes says, seemingly suspecting nothing, and leaves.

"Thanks you guys." I say with a sourish smile when he's gone.

"What? It's not like it's a burden." Kaya purses her lips rolls her eyes. She then looks at Diana and back at me. "By the way, have you told Dia-"

"Oh, he's told me alright." Diana smirks.

"Told you what?" Katherine and Jacob ask at the same time. They look at each other in surprise and burst out laughing.

"Nothing." I smile nervously and give Will, Kaya and Diana warning ("Don't you dare tell them") stares before I make my way out to call Thomas.

---
A/n: Hi guys :)

Firstly, I just wanted to make sure that you knew this was written before the movie and that Will is in it because Gally is still alive and member of The Right Arm in the book and in this version they're following the book.

Also, I CUT MY HAIR

VERY SHORT

and I'm really happy with it :)))

And I'm sorry this chapter was boring and that it has gone like 1 week (I'M SO SORRY SRSLY) since the last update but my life is just filled with stuff rn

that's all I have to say for now, have a good day and night and life idk but cyaa in the next chapter byeee

Edit::: thank yooou so much hedwigeomfndm for the great name for the chapter!!

👋🌚😢👅