16. In page 18

Dylan's POV

So, new script. Fantastic, just when I stated to learn the previous one by heart. I find myself slightly anxious regarding what kind of scenes has been added in the end, but as Wes said there will hopefully not be any major changes. I sigh. Suddenly someone knocks on my door.

"Come in!" I yell and the person comes in.

"Wes told me to give this to you." Kaya greets and waves a great deal of papers at me. I'm glad it's her and not someone else handing me these, though I'm not quite sure why.

"Thank you." I smile a bit and Kaya pops down on the bed beside me. "Is it..."

"Yep. The New Script. Great, right?" Kaya rolls her eyes and sighs. Seems as if I'm not the only one with negative feelings towards this.

"Superb." I agree whilst quickly eyeing trough the script. Kaya quickly changes from frustrated to agog.

She suddenly yells at me to wait and turns the pages back to 14.

"Read." She demands. I oblige and immediately recognise it.

"Kaya, I already know what this is."

It's the part when Newt and Thomas kiss. I don't understand why she wanted to show me this, unless there would be changes, but it appears to have been unedited.

"Okay, great. Then look at..." She says as she riffles through the pages. She stops abruptly at page 18. "As an example, this."

I sigh, slightly infuriated since she refuses to tell me the point of this, but start reading reluctantly.

Minho: "Wait... You..."
Points at Thomas.
Minho: "And you?"
Points at Newt, who nods. Newt takes Thomas' hand.
Newt: "We."

I'm quiet for a moment, taking in what I just read. I don't recall any of this from the book. Then again, Thomas and Newt never got together in the first place in the book. But this...

"Kaya... Is this serious?"

She nods, smirking. "Yes, very. But then Jorge enters and the Newtmas moment is ruined!" She complains and throws her arms up in the air. I'm still quite confused.

"But-"

"No buts! We're going to begin filming tomorrow, so you better start reading through it! Bye, have fun." She sings and rushes out of the room.

Oh God. Isn't The Maze Runner supposed to be an action movie, not an love story? Obviously not. I wonder if Thomas has yet to read this or if he's in the same conflicted state as me.
I also find myself wondering how he feels about this. I mean, has he ever kissed a guy before? I haven't. Except him, before. To be honest, it felt good. Like, really good. Almost better than kissing a girl. Or what if Thomas would've been a girl? Would I kiss him then? Yes. But that's a strange thought. Thomas as a girl. I chuckle for myself, and starts reading through the script and practice the lines on my own.

---

A/n:
HI GUYS
I'm sorry that I'm not as active as I used to be, but there's a lot of stuff happening right now. Like, I've found a new serie to read: Heroes of Olympus.
Is like Percy Jackson 2 but this time, it's not just Percy's POV, it's new characters POV and also it's from Annabeth's POV sometimes.
It's really good. Read it.
Bye, see ya in the next chapter😎❤️