44. Lover by the name of Hayoung Choi

Thomas' POV

"So you kissed? Awesome, man!" Ki smiles and does thumbs up. I've told him everything, and it took at least 20 minutes because I couldn't come up with the right words to describe how everything felt.

"Yeah. But enough about me," I say, slightly embarrassed about how long it took for me to explain. "How about you? Since you broke up with-"

"Don't say her name." Ki Hong warns me and I remember how hurt he got when she broke up with him.

"With your ex girlfriend." I finish the sentence. Ki nods, allowing me to say 'ex girlfriend'.

"Well, you remember that girl I bumped into at McDonald's?" He asks.

"The one with the white shirt, which you spilled Coca Cola on?"

"Yeah." Ki nods with a smirk and I raise my eyebrows.

"No way! She looked like she was about to kill you!"

"She was, but I persuaded her to come with me to the hotel, where I then borrowed her a cardigan. And you know what? Those Star Wars-posters in my room actually helped me, instead of screaming 'nerd!', for once. It showed out she likes Star Wars too! And then we just started talking about it and suddenly I had her number, I guess. After that, we started seeing each other more, and three days ago, when we were having a Star Wars marathon, we ended up kissing!" He explained happily.

"Wow... That's great! So, are you officially girlfriend and boyfriend now?"

"No, not yet. She knows what I'm working with now and doesn't want too much attention. Me neither, actually."

"Well, good luck with that when The Scorch Trials is released."

"I mean, I don't want her to get too much attention, or hate. You know the fangirls, right?" He laughs and join him. I suddenly think about Diana and how I have to tell her about me and Dylan.

"Yeah. Oh, what's her name by the way?" I ask, remembering that I don't know it yet.

"Hayoung. Hayoung Choi." Ki says and his eyes glisten in a way that makes me understand that he really likes her. I wonder if my eyes glisten like that when I talk about Dylan. They should, because I really, really like him.

-

When someone, probably Hayoung, texted Ki and he had to leave, I was left alone in my room with nothing to do. I decide that now is the time for me to finally break up with Bella.

Three tones goes before she answer.

"Hi, Thomas, sweetie! How are you?" She picks up.

"Hi Bella. I'm fine but um... I... there's someting I need to talk to you about." I stutter. Okay, here we go.

"Okay. By the way, I'm sorry I haven't texted or called, it's just..." Her voice suddenly breaks. "My mom has been put in hospital."

"Oh..." I say and I can hear that she's trying stop herself from crying. I can't break up with her now, she'll have a breakdown. "Why? And is she okay?"

"She got hit by a truck when she was on her way back from work, and they won't let in visitors and they refuse to tell us how she's doing and... I'm sorry, I am just so worried about her." Bella now sobs into the phone and I don't know what to do.

"I'm so sorry. I know she'll be fine but do you... Do you want me to come or something? I have a day off tomorrow." I ask, already regretting it and hoping that she'll say no.

"Really? Would you do that?" She says between her sobs.

"Of course," I say as I facepalm.

"Oh my god, thank you, Thomas! I love you! See you tomorrow?" She asks and seems to be wiping her tears.

"See you tomorrow." I sigh and she hangs up. Well, there goes all my plans for tomorrow. Why did I agree to do this?

---

A/n: hello and (a little late)
Merry Christmas!
I had a great Christmas and I hope you had too C:
As you can see on the pic above (if you can see it lol) I GOT A DAN AND PHIL POSTER, SIGNED BY THEMSELVES WHAT ASDFGHJKL

I ALSo got that space bag from danandphilshop.com and I actually got more books than clothes.
My sister probs got all the clothes and I'm not complaining lol

But I got this book called
Fangirl and oh my god
I screamed bc I can relate sm and it is such a good book! READ IT.

Wow, right. I got a new phone! Samsung, yaay!
My old iPhone sucks so I'm rly gr8ful for my new phone, though I'm not used to it so expect a lot of typos in the next chapters hehe

But do you know what the best present was?1?! I got shampoo!1!!1 Now I'll shower everyday (jk every other month or so as usual bc books).

But what about you? Did you get any good/bad stuff? Tell me pls bc fun fun fun

But I gtg now bc I need to start reading a new book called Me, Earl and the dying girl (which I also got) so bye and cya in the next chapter
🎅🎄🎉📚🌚💕