27. Ignorance... or ships

Thomas' POV

We're filming and I just can't stop thinking about my accidental smiley and anticipating (fearing) what Dylan's reply will be. What if he thinks I'm weird? What if he thinks I'm flirting with him?

I was sure I'd freaked him out, until we're done for the day and I'm finally able to return to my phone.

"1 text from Dobby" the display reads. I take a deep breath to collect myself and unlock my phone to take a look at the message. It's not what I excepted.

Dobby: Okay bye ;*

;*. He sent one back. A winky one too! Does that mean...? The questions fill my head. What does it mean? He wrote it back. Does... Does he like me (God, I sound like I'm in middle school again)? Or is it just something he sends to all of his friends? What did he think when I sent it? What did he think when he sent it? Do I have to keep sending them to make it seem like a it's a normal habit of mine?

Unfortunately, I have no answers. Still, everytime I look at the message, I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks and my heart beat like crazy. Therefore, I turn my phone off.

"Why are you standing here and blushing, eh?" A girl whispers just by my ear. This time, my heart skips a beat, due to surprise.

"You scared me!" I sigh in relief when I see it's only Diana.

"Sorry," she giggles and looks down as she puts a strand of hair behind her ear. "Ki's over there talking to the director... What's his name again? Will? No... Wes, right? I got left alone and you were blushing like crazy so I got curious and sneaked up on you."

"And scared me." I add, putting my phone in my pocket.

"And scared you," she repeats and gives me an apologetic look. Then she proceeds to raise an eyebrow. "So... Why were you blushing?"

"Uh..." I try to come up with an excuse because I don't feel like talking about Dylan's message with her right now.

"Uh?"

"I... I was reading a fan-fiction." I announce, hoping that she won't be able to see through my lie. Honestly, I barley know what a fan-fiction is. But judging from her reaction, I suppose she does. Oh no.

"About who?" She frowns, obviously wondering what kind of fan-fiction that'd make me blush like that.

"A- about... Me. And Kaya. It was really weird and- and awkward. Many kisses. Too many." I just say whatever pops up in my brain, and I can hear the doubt and insecurity in my own voice. I'm good at acting, sure, but improvising lies? Not so good. But Diana doesn't seem to notice, thank God.

"Thaya? God I hate that ship. No offense, but Dylmas and Kiya is much better." She rants, gesturing with her hands. I feel lost and extremely confused, not understanding the words she's uttering.

"Thaya? Dylmas? Kiya? Ship? What are you on about?"

"Oh." She fixed her bottom lip between her teeth and hid her face in her hands for a moment. When she looks up at me her face is red. "I-I... I mean... Thaya, it's-its you and Kaya, your names mixed together to make a new one, a... Ship name. Dylmas is you and Dylan," It's my turn to blush now. "And Kiya is Ki and Kaya. Those are ships. Pairings."

I take it in and I find myself becoming curious.

"So who does people 'ship' me with then?" I ask, eager to find out.

Diana quickly replies,
"Oh, the list is long! Most of them ship Dylmas, you and Dylan, but other ones think you and Kaya, you and Ki, Isabella and you and some people actually consider you and Rosa as a good couple, but not me. I definitely prefer Dylmas. You guys are so cute together and-" she stops mid sentence and hides her face in her hands again. "Sorry."

"For what?"

"You probably don't want to listen to me nagging on about Dylmas all day, eh?" She chuckles nervously. I wonder if I should seize this moment to find out wether Dylan has... shown any interest in me that I haven't noticed or not. I realise that, if anyone knows, it's definitely Diana. Therefore, I smile politely at her and say,

"Actually, I do want to listen to you. Why do you ship us?"

---

A/n:

guys what

10K READS??
WHAAAAT
I DONT UNDERSTAND
WHAAAAT
I MEAN IMAGINE THAT YOURE A ROCK STAR ON A STAGE AND THEN IMAGINE YOUR AUDIENCE IS 10 THOUSAND PEOPLE HOLY SHIT
WHAAAAT
THANK YOU THANK YOH
ILY
I GOTTA CELEBRATE WITH CAKE

that's actually true because my cousin (who never thought I'd get 10k reads lol joke's on her) promised me cake, if/when I reached it and

HERE WE ARE MY CHILDREN
I WILL SHARE THE CAKE WITH YOU ALL THROUGH THE INTERNET
I WILL SLICE IT IN 10 THOUSAND SLICES AND GIVE EACH ONE OF YOU ONE ILY
I GOT TA GO DO THAT NOW SO BYE, SEE YALL IN THE NEXT CHAPTER💛💖💚💝💞💜💕💙💗

P.S
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU ALLLL