Chapter Eighteen

"From the lights
to the pavement
From the van
to the floor
From backstage
to the doctor
From the Earth
to the morgue."
- My Chemical Romance
________________________

Chapter Eighteen
_________________
Sugar We're Going Down

Everyone I fall in love with always have a special place in my heart and its exhausting, every place I've loved seemed to capture a piece of me and I don't feel whole anymore.

I'm a happy person but I have a sad soul, does that make any sense to you? I tend to confuse others with what I say and how I think, heck I even confuse myself.

When I was first kidnapped I was scared, but now I'm sure I'm going crazy because I feel like I'm home when I'm with them. Their like the family I never had and always wanted and Ace - Ace, he's a bad idea but I like bad ideas.

Maybe I have gone crazy, maybe I lost the ability to tell good from bad. But one thing I do know is they make me feel safe and that's something I've searched for my whole life.

Sure their killers, and thieves and maybe they are bad people, but I know that they'll never let harm come to me, they'll keep me safe and sheltered from the storm they call the real world.

"Seth! Make a shot!" Ace snapped, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of us while we were shot at.

I sat frozen in the passenger seat, every time a bullet pierced the car I'd jump out of my seat. We were speeding down the highway, on our way to Ace's home.

There have been reports of men trailing them and lurking around the house and the kids didn't feel safe, so Dash called Ace this morning and requested him come home and check it out.

Another bullet pierced the car and I bit my lip to keep back the scream that travelled in my throat.

"I can't get a clear shot!" Seth shouted, dangling himself out the back window.

I chew on my lip and roll down my window, Ace snaps his head over and his eyes met with my own, confusion ran through his as I forced a smile in his direction.

Reaching over I snatch the sleek black gun from his lap and before he could utter a word I moved myself out the window, the pavement nothing but a blur from how fast we were going.

I sit down on the window ledge and lean out, holding onto the safety clutch on the inside of the car while holding the gun in my other hand.

I shoot at the tires, and someone from the black van that was trailing us stuck out his head and lifted his gun in the air, my breath caught in my throat and his eyes seemed to widen in surprise.

It couldn't be him

The man shook his head and shot the gun. The bullet wizzing through the air and hitting me in my shoulder. I bite down on my lip to keep from screaming in pain.

Bringing the gun up again I shoot at the tires and successfully pop one of them, their vehicle swerves and the man looked at me again, nothing but anger evident on his face.

He shot the gun again and the bullet grazed my shoulder, luckily I felt numb.

I shot the gun again and popped the other tire. I watch as the van swerves and flips over, rolling close to the edge of the high way before erupting into flames.

Breathing in deeply I push myself back into the car and drop the gun between Ace and I while leaning back in my seat and closing my eyes.

"Spade, are you good?" I hear Seth ask from behind me and all I did was nod silently.