Chapter Seventeen

"When you go, would you even
turn to say
I don't love you
like I loved you
yesterday."
- My Chemical Romance
_____________________________

Chapter Seventeen
_________________________
Baby I'm Lost

When I was four I ran away from my mother and father in a busy mall one day, and I remember hiding under one of the coat racks rocking back and forth waiting for someone to find me, because when I first ran I never thought I would have ended up lost.

It felt like hours had passed when Jasper found me, he had tears welling up in his eyes and when he found me he pulled me into his arms in the tightest hug and rocked me back and forth while I cried.

When I was lost it felt like everything around me had disappeared and there was no chance at finding me. Sure, at the beginning I didn't want to be found but as time ticked on and the loneliness settled in I absolutely hated it.

I hated being alone and right now it felt like I was four years old again lost in that busy mall. Instead I was in the middle of nowhere in the woods.

I bring my shaking hands through my hair and sit down against a tree, leaning my back against it while I search the pockets of my pants. When my fingers wrapped around something I frown and squint my eyes to make out what it was.

A cell phone.

I had a cellphone on me, but it wasn't mine. Frowning I press the home button and the screen light up. I screw around with it until a number popped up, there was only one number in the phone and there was no name.

Wiping my face I click the number and bring the ringing phone to my ear, sniffling, "Hello?" A deep voice asked on the other end after two rings.

My heart stopped in my chest and the mans voice appeared again, "Who is this? This should be a private number." The man snapped and my chest tightened and I whimper.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't know," I whisper and all that came was silence. I close my eyes and lean my head back against the tree, keeping the phone held to my ear.

A small shout in the background made my eyes fly open, "Bluebell?" The man questioned and my heart started pounding and I felt something consume me.

"Auggie?" I cry and I hear him let out a small breath, the shouting echoing in the background on his end causing me to furrow my brows in confusion.

There was something happening on the other end, "Where the fuck are you?!" He shouted, "Spade, Ace is about to go on a homicidal rampage, he's pissed and upset." August says and I pull the phone away from my ear, sobbing into my knees while shaking my head.

It felt like hours passed, the sky was dark and stars were scattering across it, making the woods even more scarier.

"Tell him I'm fine." I whisper.

Hanging up the phone I throw it down next to me and wrap my arms around my knees, closing my eyes while teetering back and forth, trying to distract myself.

"You know, I never really thought you'd run away," Seth mutters next to me. It was just after midnight.