Chaper Five

"A thousand moments that I had just taken for granted -
mostly because I had assumed that there would be
a thousand more." - Morgan Matson

__________________________________

Chapter Five
____________________
Always A Villain

My eyes were wide like saucers while he just stood there silently, his eyes never wandering away from my face which I was thankful for. It felt like hours before he finally moved, he walked towards me without uttering a single word. He reached down, grabbing the towel from the ground before looking up at me again.

He wraps the towel around my bare body while I stood there speechless and as red as a burnt tomato. After the towel was wrapped back around me his eyes roamed my body before flickering back up to my face, "We'll be leaving tonight." He states and I chewed on my bottom lip, nodding my head.

too embarrassed to say anything

His eyes wander over my body once again before he turns and heads for the bedroom door, turning around a small smirk danced on his lips, "You got a nice body," He says before leaving me alone in the room with a blush permanently stained on my face.

I shake my head and look around, I change into clothes quickly and exit the room while towel drying my hair, I sit at the top of the steps and slide down on my butt, giggling to myself but when I look up and lock eyes with a scowling Seth I frown, "Why so glum chum?" I question, giggling again.

He grunts and rolls his eyes at me, "Get up, we're leaving now." He stated, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me of the floor. I pull the towel off and shake my wet hair, I go to protest but he raised a hand; cutting me off, "No whining, now c'mon." He pulled me out of the house, my bare feet padding across the paved driveway.

I pout out my bottom lip when he opens the passenger side door for me, "But what about my stuff?" I whine and slap a hand to my mouth. He narrows his eyes at me and my eyes wander around the front lawn, where was everyone else?

Seth grunts out again, "Its in the trunk, I swear to fuck Spade if your ass isn't in the car-" I cut him off by running to the car, hopping in quickly he slams the door. My eyes roam around and I felt a small smile make its way to my lips when I notice the same baby blue blanket and my stuffed rabbit in the back seat.

He jumps in and slams the drivers side door before reaching in the back and grabbing the blanket and stuffed rabbit, he than looks into my eyes before throwing them at my face. A small satisfied smirk making its way onto his face.

Shaking my head at him I let out a small screech when the car jerked forward as he sped out of the driveway and down the street, "I know who you guys are," I state and Seth snaps his eyes away from the road and to me.

I fiddle with the hem of the sweatshirt I was wearing, "The Vipers, its what the police and everyone else calls you," I begin, feeling my hands shake, "You're Seth Romello, basically second in command," I trail off.

"Than there's the twins, Jeriah and Jethro Branson, they were from Nevada. Apparently they murdered their brother. Than Titus Jamison, he was the suspect in the death of a student two years ago when he suddenly went off the grid," It felt like I couldn't shut my mouth.

I remember reading this all in the news articles and seeing it all over the news, and now knowing who they were terrified me, "Melia Boa, she went missing last year. Police thought it had something to do with her abusive alcoholic father," I ramble on, trying my hardest not to wince when mentioning the abusive father part. She knew how I felt.