Chapter Eight

"Three things are limitless :
the heaven with its stars,
the ocean with its drops,
and the heart with its love."
- Unknown.
________________________

Chapter Eight
_________________
Piece Of Me

My hands were twirling my hair nervously and I kept chewing on my bottom lip, I was a full on nervous wreck. I've been sitting in the car for at least a half hour now since they didn't want to bring a blind girl in with them when they do business. Its been a week now and Dash said I'll be able to take off the bandages tomorrow since it wasn't that bad of a cut.

Suddenly the car doors were ripped open and jump in my seat, looking around but I was greeted by my good friend darkness. There were harsh whispers and my grip on my stuffed bunny tightened.

"Fuck!" I hear Seth grunt from in the back, a person slid into the drivers seat and started the car, I frown and turn in my seat.

Licking my lips nervously I ask, "What happened? I thought you guys died in there," I state and a small chuckle escaped Seth as the car jerked forward. Turning back around in my seat I fumble with the stuffed animal.

"Ace decided to fucking shoot everyone if you really want to know." Seth growled out angrily, a deep sigh came from the drivers side so I'm assuming Ace is the one driving and Jethro and Jeriah took the other car back.

Melia and Titus had to go seek out another safe house since we'd be leaving tomorrow for somewheres. Silence filled the car and the drive seemed longer than usual.

When we first came to a stop I realized Ace was letting Seth out in front of the mansion, and once I heard the back door being slammed shut I knew I guessed right.

"They went to kill me first, so I think I reacted naturally," Ace snapped once we started driving again and I shake my head, playing with my hands in my lap.

I hear his fist connect with the steering wheel when he punched it in frustration, "That's how you naturally react in all situations?! Killing people is bad Ace," I retort, bringing a hand through my hair to hide how it was shaking.

My nerves were shot and I felt like I was going to break down, "Fuck Spade! I don't need a petty lecture, especially from you," He shouted, "This is how I am, this is who I am, and who I'll always be. So stop acting like a princess." He added on which just fueled my anger.

Everything was getting to me so easily and that irritated me to no end, "Stop! Just stop it Ace! Gosh, you act like the world is against you." I snapped right back and that's when the car came to a halt.

He jumped out of the drivers seat, slamming the door behind him and before I could even utter a single word my door was opened roughly and his strong arms were wrapping around my small body. He lifted me up quickly and literally jogged, he removed his hand around my waist to open the front door and moved us inside.

Kicking the door shut behind him he maneuvers around the house and suddenly drops me onto the soft bed I'm so use to sleeping in, "Jerk!" I shout when I hear his footsteps retreating.

The slam of the front door causes me to jump and I let out a small strangled cry from holding everything in, I couldn't do it anymore. I want to go home. I want my mother and JJ. I wanted to see my father not drunk.