Chapter Eleven

"Yet I believe the moon
understands what it means
to be human.
Uncertain, alone.
Created by imperfections."
- Unknown
___________________________

Chapter Eleven
____________________
Weightless

Melia dragged me to the dance floor and we stumbled along side all the other drunk people in here, I look up and notice Titus making his way towards us, he looks at me and smiles charmingly, "Mind if I steal her for a dance?" He asked.

Shaking my head I watched as he wrapped an arm around her stumbling form and started swaying with her, I dance to the beat and turn around only to hit a wall. Looking up and meeting his handsome face I realize it wasn't a wall, I giggle out.

"Dance!" I say, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

He sent me a deadpanned look, clearly noticing that I was drunk off my rocker. His arms wrap around my waist and we sway to the beat, he pulls me so I'm flat against his chest, "Hey, can I tell you a secret?" I whisper and he looks at me with narrowed eyes.

He nodded and I lean up, bringing my face by his ear, "I'm happy Ace stole me," I whispered and leaned back down, I look up at him and notice there was a slight smile on his face.

"No more alcohol for you," He says and I frown, holding onto him when I nearly tip over, I pout out my bottom lip but bounce to the beat of the music.

Looking back up at him with my pouted lip, he seemed unaffected by it, "But why?" I whine, doing the best puppy dogs eyes I could muster up.

He smirked and rolled his eyes, leaning down his lip brushed my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine and my toes to curl, "Because I'm Ace," He says and I gasp, pulling away a bit but I managed to keep my arms wrapped around him so I wouldn't stumble back and die.

"Uh oh, can you promise not to tell Ace what I just told you?" I ask and look up at him, he narrows his eyes at me and shakes his head while chuckling down at me.

I squeeze his arms and squeal when his arms tightened around my waist, "Yeah, defiantly cut off." He mumbles more so to himself but I heard him.

Groaning I pull him closer to me and twirl around, holding onto him. I grab the collar of his jacket tightly in my hands and start swaying my hips to the beat of the music. The beat travelled through me and I felt utterly weightless in this moment.

His hands gripped my waist and he held me to him, I grin up at him and jump back up from the ground, leaning up I kiss the tip of his nose and back away from him while giggling.

"Time to take you home," He whispers and I shake my head, latching onto his arm.

The song changed to a more up beat song and I whine, "No - wait, weren't we suppose to leave today?" I word vomit, forgetting what I was protesting for.

Ace looked at me and shook his head, "We were, but business came up. C'mon, I got to get you to bed," He mumbles and starts to drag me out.

Before we got through the main doors he wrapped his jacket around me and pulled me out of the club, and once we got outside the night air nipped at my skin and it felt like my ears were ringing.