“So I guess I’ll see you in about thirty minutes.” He says and I can tell that he is laughing.

“I guess so… When you come don’t mind my family though.”

“It’s all good so I’ll see you then.”

“Yup.” I say and we hang up.

When I hang up I look at the women and stare at them.

“Why did you guys do that?”

“Because we want to meet this boy that is making you smile like this.” My auntie Patricia says.

I have the urge to roll my eyes but I don’t… I continue cutting up the food and steal a piece of chicken when my mother is not looking.

When I am about to go back in the kitchen my mother calls me back in. She politely (as politely as a mother could) asks me to basically cook the rest of the food.

Do I say no… No because I’m hungry myself and bored anyways. So my mommy and the aunts leave me to do my thing… I swear ever since I learned how to cook I have been taken advantage of.

So I begin to cook a feast since my little sister deserves it… And also because I’m feeding so many people.

Time flies but I manage to cook some rice and peas, mashes patatos, fried chicken, fried plantain, sauce and gravy and some baked chicken as well. I look at the clock in the kitchen and basically I spent over two hours in the kitchen whilst the adults are in the living room and dining room talking and the teens downstairs.

 “Mom I’m done cooking.” I yell from the kitchen and I finally manage to take a seat since my legs are killing me.

When my mother comes in she smiles at me and thanks me while slipping me forty dollars for cooking… Hell yeah that is what I am talking bout!

I grin and play with my phone when I hear someone clear their throat.

“You know I was going to say hi to you but I sort of got pulled in the living room and questioned for the longest time and then I couldn’t find you in the basement so I thought you abandoned me here.”

I look up and see Caleb standing there wearing a blue button up shirt and some dark black jeans with his hair nicely done in his own way.

“There is no way I would leave you here with my crazy family alone.” I say smiling.

He takes a seat and looks at me smiling.

“So you were cooking?” He asks and I nod.

“Yup the family takes advantage of my mad cooking skills.” I say with a smirk.

“You know you’re skilled in other things than cooking right.” He says lowly so that I can only hear and I swear if I could blush I would.

I roll my eyes, “Yeah whatever.” I say, “So how was interrogation?”

“It was good…I think.” He says.

“Let’s hope so.”

“You know you didn’t kiss me to say hello.” He says randomly.

“Aww poor baby does that make you sad.” I tease and he pouts.

I roll my eyes and lean over to kiss his cheek and get up, “Now I need to help my mother with the food you can go in the basement.”

“Are you serious?” He asks me.

“As a heart attack.”

***In the living room and dinning room***