Chapter 40

When I make it back to my apartment, there are notes littering my door from the time I'd been locked in my room--notes from Michael.

He wants to see me.

My gut sinks in disgust. Bitterness swims through my veins as I think of what that man has done to me and my family--to the Movement. I'm not an advocate for the Movement at all--but I'm also not an advocate of how Michael has interpreted his own distaste.

One of the last notes is a newsbrief--they've already replaced my father and the Movement has continued on. The news makes me feel like Beau had actually shot me in the heart.

I crumble all the notes in my trash can. I stare down at the near-empty silver capsule as my anger progressively grows. With a violent grunt, I kick the can as hard as I can. It skids across the floor and flips over. The floor is littered with the pale yellow notes.

I march out of the room and down the hall. The once-confusing maze is simple to me now; I can easily find where I'm going.

Once I find the door I'd been looking for, I knock with purpose.

Merda opens it and stares up at me in surprise.

I don't know why--I did promise I would come to her first when I made my decision.

--

A/N

So you know that period I warned you about where I may not be posting as regularly? Yeah, that's here now. I'm going to try to post at least once a week, or twice every other week depending on my schedule. I work at a camp, so this is high time for us and it is CRAZY! 

Now I know this chapter's short, but I definitely wanted to leave you with a bit of a cliff. What decision has Taeo made? We shall see soon!

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote or comment! I know I'm not responding to your comments as much as I should (but again, I'm super swamped), but I really do LOVE seeing them. They really make my day!

Thanks and see ya soon, 

Alisha :)